Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
2 Birds, one stone...

I thought I would cut 2 posts down to one. First off the desktop update. Ok I get it, there's an update. I let it do the update, the Desktop app then restarts but then I get Oh there's an update... whaaa... I just did the update. Is there a reason that you have to do TWO updates, could this not have just been one update? Or is my Desktop App just buggering up? I figure it's the latter.

Secondly, I get emails from Kobo with recommened reads. Now I am trying to train them as to what I like, sometimes they get it right, sometimes not. But how come when I launch the Kobo App and click on the button to get the current Recommended reads it tells me there are none for me, yet I've received 3 emails with Recommended reads on them???? I really bewildered as to why all these aren't tied into each other.

Son of a fudge... Finished updating... Oh look there's an update available...

I really love this screenshot: We've release an important update for Kobo Desktop. You must update now to continue enjoying the best possible experience. (italics mine) Well I tell you this Kobo... I sure AIN'T enjoying this looped update.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
I'm not getting a Desktop update...

However, books I've purchased previously from Kobo are now being synced to the Desktop and the Touch.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But, you can download Desktop 3.0.1 directly from the kobosetup.com site.

Since I installed it directly, over my existing 3.0.0 desktop, it didn't go through the updating loop.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tried installing from a download off their site but it still went into the upgrade loop. Finally had to uninstall the Desktop app and then reinstall it. Makes me glad I rarely use the damn thing. I was trying to use it lately to teach Kobo what books I actually want to read. No I am NOT interested in "Her Best Worst Mistake" yes I would like to add "Star Wars Lost Tribe of the Sith Collected Series" to my wishlist. You get the idea
Old 07-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
But, you can download Desktop 3.0.1 directly from the kobosetup.com site.
Just a minute here. My desktop app shows 3.0.0 and it doesn't make any attempt to upgrade. What is 3.0.1?

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #6
Danger
Evangelist

Not sure but that is what mine says as well after the download and install from the Kobo site yesterday. Maybe a fix in how it installs the firmware to the Kobo Touch itself. I don't see any changes otherwise but then with a .0.1 update I wouldn't expect anything noticeable.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #7
murg
No Comment

It's also possible the 3.0.1 is a regional update package (Japan anyone?).
Old 07-29-2012, 01:10 AM   #8
toiler
toiler began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch- but don't like it.
Thumbs down Kobo Loop

Today I also had a forced update from Kindle PC. Now this loop from Kobo. And I thought Apple made the most hopeless PC software.
toiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:33 PM   #9
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
I was trying to use it lately to teach Kobo what books I actually want to read. No I am NOT interested in "Her Best Worst Mistake" yes I would like to add "Star Wars Lost Tribe of the Sith Collected Series" to my wishlist. You get the idea
My only actual Kobo books are three Doctor Who novels that were migrated over from Borders, so it actually does a good job of reccomending books for me...mind you, I bought those three because I couldn't get the physical copies in the US, so it recommending me ones I can get physical copies of is pointless, but still...
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:24 PM   #10
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
I just had the same issue with my Kobo-4-PC the other day. It looped the install 4 times before I desided to squash it and do a un-install of the older version and followed through with a freash download from the web site. No more install loop.

Unfortunately I don't remember what level my older ver was.
Using Win-7 Starter on an Acer Netbook.

John
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote