Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Any Amazon Author Central Users?

Are there any writers here who have their works on Amazon's Kindle Store, and have put together a page in their Author Central system? I've only just discovered it, myself, and am looking forward to putting it to good marketing use (it's not up yet, but I'll flag everyone when it is).

So, any comments about Author Central?
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #2
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
Well, we're on it... seems to work... but I need to explore it more to see what else it can offer.

For now we've been treating it like "yet another" WWW presence page.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 10:32 AM   #3
joycedb
Guru
joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have all the pertinent information about me right on my profile page. Anything I would want people to know about me is there with a link to my website for anyone who wants to know more. Do people actually check Author Central?

Joyce
joycedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #4
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?
williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joycedb View Post
I have all the pertinent information about me right on my profile page. Anything I would want people to know about me is there with a link to my website for anyone who wants to know more. Do people actually check Author Central?

Joyce
I think they do... and one great thing about it now is that it allows you to post author's notes on each book, and also to add editorial reviews, front and back cover blurbs etc.

I've recently been getting quite a lot of feedback from people who've especially enjoyed the author notes bits.

http://www.amazon.com/William-Meikle/e/B002BMOP0G
williemeikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:49 PM   #5
DavidRM
Addict
DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've had an Amazon Author page since the release of my first nonfiction book in 2003. I updated it for the first time in years last month when The Summoning Fire came out. It seems like a useful resource, mostly for providing a place where all my books are listed. I have it hooked up to my Guns & Magic blog, so those posts show up there too. Yesterday I finally added an author photo.

So, yeah, I'm there. And (very) slowly beginning to actually use it.

-David
DavidRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 03:06 PM   #6
Cliff Ball
Zealot
Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have one, but, I don't know how much use it is. I do keep it updated, and linked to my blog. For some reason, one of my novels doesn't show up in the Kindle link on the page....

http://www.amazon.com/Cliff-Ball/e/B...r_dp_pel_pop_1
Cliff Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:06 AM   #7
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ball View Post
I have one, but, I don't know how much use it is. I do keep it updated, and linked to my blog. For some reason, one of my novels doesn't show up in the Kindle link on the page....

http://www.amazon.com/Cliff-Ball/e/B...r_dp_pel_pop_1
I've used the amazon author's pages to find complete lists of books, and hopefully their published order. If you have any control of how the book displays in the relevant section, please be sure to list the series order. I use this even if I'm going to get the book from a different source (most usually when I'm trying to find the correct order of an audiobook series for my mother, which I get from our local library.)

So, what else would I look for? Some of the same things you'd put on your personal web page, such as who influenced you and/or your writing, what writing you admire, maybe what music you imagine going along with your books, etc. The advantage to doing this is that Amazon can build the links to their content for you.
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:00 PM   #8
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was informed last night that my author's page is ready. I've gone in, added 2 discussions to the initial material I used to start the page, and... that's it. At least I can tie discussions to specific products, which is nice... but I'll have to see how visible these discussions are anywhere else.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #9
chrischance
chrischance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrischance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrischance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrischance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrischance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrischance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrischance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrischance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrischance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrischance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrischance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC
I have an authors page on UK and US sites but I don't know if it has affected sales. My page on Authorsden has been good for me.

http://www.authorsden.com/visit/author.asp?id=89201

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Christopher-...ntt_dp_epwbk_0
chrischance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon books, author central, kindle