Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-29-2012, 05:03 AM   #256
johny
johny began at the beginning.

Device: 622
Pocketbook 622 Touch.

It would be very nice to use text to speech function without blocking dictionary. Usually text to speech has proper pronunciation & being able to use dictionary at the same time would benefit when learning foreign languages.

Thank you for great eBook reader.
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #257
Jean Rouanet
Jean Rouanet began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket 602
Text to speech in Latin

Hi,

Will be nice to have Latin as new " old " language for Text to Speech.
On Internet thay are a lot of ressources in Latin

Aut Latin, aut nihil !

Jean
Jean Rouanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:46 AM   #258
jino
jino began at the beginning.

Device: none
Stop adding features not required for this kind of device

I am owner of PB903, got the device when it started to be available on EU market. I have selected this device because of good hardware design and features, and quite rich set of READER functionalities. Additional functionality (taking notes, background player, simple browser, games) was nice, but not KEY feature.
Unfortunately, the firmware development is not going where expected. Instead of fixing application bugs and improving the functionality expected from this kind of device (it is primary EBOOK READER), there is a tendency to reach Adroid or PC tablet functionalities. The result is, that with every firmware update, some embedded applications - instead of being fixed and improved - simply dissappear, new applications come with new bugs. The worst is, that with every new and unimportant feature, like 2.1.x introduced way of "multitasking", the device is slower and slower. Some operations are several times slower, the device is sometimes very unresponsive or freezing, and sometimes it is difficult to understand to the state of the device.
What I would like is to have backend functionality, speed and responsivity available with 2.0.4 / 2.0.6 firmware, but with all bugs fixed and all application preset to react to feature keys and sensor information in "intuitive" and "predictable" way. I want feature rich and usable READER, not another tablet or smartphone with READER option.

Last edited by jino; 06-20-2012 at 06:06 AM.
jino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #259
mclien
42, the answer
mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Pocketbook 603
@mtravelerh:
I hope it's not ask too much, but it would be nice to have a "most wanted" list somewhere. Maybe in your initial post? Or is there already a place? Then a link in your first post would be just perfect.
mclien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #260
pb611
pb611 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 611
my wanted features. maybe it is solved by community but i didnt found it:

1) email client (to send/read emails) https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185803

2) rss reader able to download the articles. ("at morning, the pocketbook downloads articles from my favorite news server, and during travel to work, i will read it in public transport...")

3) spanish-czech dictionary
pb611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:59 AM   #261
Partycrash00
Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Pocketbook Touch Lux, Pocketbook Ultra
Locked screen and loading of dictionary

I switched from my PB301+ to the PB622 and I miss one feature:
The lock screen showed the regular screen plus a lock icon in the corner.
Now the lock screen is a picture and covers the whole screen.

Is it possible to have the old lock functionality back? I could start to read earlier while unlocking the screen.

I also use a lot the dictionary. When I load it the sand clock is shown. After the sand clock vanishes the spot where it was is unreadable as the letters got "destroyed". Perhaps it's possible to a) refresh this spot or b) don't show the sand clock.
Partycrash00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #262
gurke 09
gurke 09 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook touch 622
Wanted feature

Hi all,

I have been looking around but could not find any info about this:

It would be great if one could delete the list of recent event.

I share my pocketbook touch 622 with my wife and kids.

I don`t think everyone needs to know which books I downloaded or recently read.
Is it possible to do this somehow?

Thanks a lot for your posts and votes. Gurke 09
gurke 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #263
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hello and welcom

This is not yet possible, I posted this with PB development team, maybe in the next FW.
One possible solution to your problem is to use different SD cards for everyone
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:41 AM   #264
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
Re: Latin text to speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Rouanet View Post
Hi,

Will be nice to have Latin as new " old " language for Text to Speech.
On Internet thay are a lot of ressources in Latin

Aut Latin, aut nihil !

Jean
Simplest thing you could do to have "Latin" text to speech is downloading Italian voice. You'll have more or less the same standard pronunciation.

per simplices ad astra

Last edited by preempalver; 08-30-2012 at 05:53 AM.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:11 AM   #265
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Speaking of wanted features,
I don't understand the reason why on the italian customised firmware (2.1.3) there's an option for showing last book cover as logoff screen, while in official firmware there's not.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:24 AM   #266
Hui Neng
Ebookreader
Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Nook Simple Touch - Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by preempalver View Post
Simplest thing you could do to have "Latin" text to speech is downloading Italian voice. You'll have more or less the same standard pronunciation.

per simplices ad astra
My, my, my, if you want to take this approach, German would be a better fit.

"per simplices ad astra"

is that fantasy latin?
Hui Neng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:16 PM   #267
preempalver
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui Neng View Post
My, my, my, if you want to take this approach, German would be a better fit.
Really? I'll try.

Quote:
is that fantasy latin?
My Latin is surely rusted, but I hope not.
per simplices (res) ad astra
should be sounding like...
"through simplicity to the stars"?
Old 09-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #268
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by preempalver View Post
Speaking of wanted features,
I don't understand the reason why on the italian customised firmware (2.1.3) there's an option for showing last book cover as logoff screen, while in official firmware there's not.
the misteries of pocketbook
However there is a way around it by using jackie's plugin (though of course you don't need it
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #269
preempalver
Connoisseur

Ditto!

Aaand... Here comes Latin again!

Yep, Jackie indeed provided me a useful tool to sedate my frustration.

Jackie!
Old 09-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #270
SBdisplay
SBdisplay began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, I'm new here and look for some features to use the PB another way than usual.
Want to display a big digital clock (hh:mm) that fills half or full display and/ or on half/ full display a listing that changes every minute.
One way may be to show the screen from a program that runs on tablet/ notebook/ pc. For this I wont to use the PB as second display for the machine the program runs. I hope this can be done with the help of tools already existing for PB.
I want do so because of the proper readability and low powerconsumption of Pb (and other E Ink-gadgets).
Other way could be a customizable digitalclock-tool for PB and an application that can show pages in userdefined intervals like a dia-show. May be standardreader or fbreader can do so but didnt find full description.
May be such tools exist for PB but i didnt find them.
Must say that I never had an ebookreader myself and only begin to learn about this.
Would be nice to learn more about PB.

Siegfried
SBdisplay is offline   Reply With Quote