Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 05:17 AM   #16
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
In the worst possible timing of all known terrible timings of the world, Kobo changed help desk companies not all that long ago (not sure when, but very, very, recently), so pretty much everyone on Tier One support is new to the job. I assume they changed companies because the first one sucked, so it's been a gong show for awhile. They keep adding Tier Two folks, but can't seem to keep up with the demand (which I am sure is pretty high because of said gong show on Tier One.

I highly recommend that people post the full details of their support issue, including the question reference number that was included in whatever email response they got from Kobo, at getsatisfaction.com/kobo , Get satisfaction is an official support site for Kobo and is staffed by Tier 2 people.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #17
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
In the worst possible timing of all known terrible timings of the world, Kobo changed help desk companies not all that long ago (not sure when, but very, very, recently), so pretty much everyone on Tier One support is new to the job. I assume they changed companies because the first one sucked, so it's been a gong show for awhile. They keep adding Tier Two folks, but can't seem to keep up with the demand (which I am sure is pretty high because of said gong show on Tier One.

I highly recommend that people post the full details of their support issue, including the question reference number that was included in whatever email response they got from Kobo, at getsatisfaction.com/kobo , Get satisfaction is an official support site for Kobo and is staffed by Tier 2 people.
Thanks for the info.

Last edited by 49Kat; 11-28-2011 at 09:14 AM.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2011, 09:07 AM   #18
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
49kat, I don't mean to seem like I am picking on you--I definitely am not. I have been thinking about this a lot, and this is where I decided to write about it.

<rant>

I really was hoping not to start a series of the sky is falling posts with what I wrote (where everyone tells or retells all of their awful support stories) but rather to provide substantive information about a reliable way to get support.

I am amazed at how many times people tell the same story or versions of the same story hopping from one post to another, not adding useful information or solutions, but just doing what I call The Chicken Little.

In fact, it seems to me, that often real and useful information is buried deep as the threads get longer and longer without anything of substance being added. Then, of course, new folks to the board have to ask the question again because the threads that seem like they might be useful have 60 posts in them and it is just too exhausting to read through them.

I love MR, and if you look at my post count, you will see that in 18 months I have posted over 2200 times. I'm here a lot and I am even off topic occasionally, but I don't post the same thing over and over again in multiple threads and I don't post doomsday speculation. Heck, it's exhausting just to read this kind of posting.

</rant>

Last edited by taming; 11-28-2011 at 09:09 AM. Reason: grammar
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:13 AM   #19
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Point taken, Taming.

(Heading for the 'edit' function.)
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote