Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 04-13-2009, 01:42 AM   #1
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
"Recent Files" Folder

Is there a plan to add this to future versions of Openinkpot?

I see it has been raised as Ticket #79 (new enhancement) on the Openinkpot website, but I don't see any indication of how soon, if ever, it might be implemented.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
quickhand
Connoisseur
quickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheese

Device: Hanlin V3, Sony prs-505, Hanwang n516
Yeah, I'll get around to it soon. It is a priority, along with "favorites". As soon as I get a little free time it'll be done.
Advert
Old 04-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Thanks for the update, very much appreciated.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:07 PM   #4
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Does this mean you've flashed OpenInkpot on your new BeBook, Justy?
Old 04-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
Justy
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Does this mean you've flashed OpenInkpot on your new BeBook, Justy?
Yes I have and I'm quite liking it. I'm using version 0.2, set it up just the way I like it and it's all going well. I've been talking it up to everyone that will sit still to listen.

All I'm missing is the "Recent Files" folder and "in eBook" dictionary lookup to be complete. One step at a time. At least now I have my lovely small fonts and page numbers along with a progress bar! The bookmarks work a treat and I quite like the chapter marks in the progress bar.

Kudos to the OpenInkpot team, a lot of work has gone into this software.
Advert
Old 04-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #6
quickhand
Connoisseur
quickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheese

Well, you'll be happy to know that after recent files and favorites, I'm probably going to make a dictionary app. That one's been on my personal priority list for a while (and I realize coolreader in OI has dictionary support, but I don't like it at all the way it's implemented - my dictionary app is going to be so much cooler). Cheers!
Old 04-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #7
Justy
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickhand View Post
Well, you'll be happy to know that after recent files and favorites, I'm probably going to make a dictionary app. ... (... my dictionary app is going to be so much cooler). Cheers!
You've made my day!!
Old 04-14-2009, 03:13 AM   #8
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
Kudos to the OpenInkpot team, a lot of work has gone into this software.
I do not want to hijack this thread with my own OpenInkpot wishes, but I certainly would like to second your kudos to the OpenInkpot team. They are creating a really fine piece of work!
Old 04-14-2009, 11:09 AM   #9
quickhand
Connoisseur

As a member of the OI team, allow me to say that I personally have no problem with you hijacking the thread to tell me how awesome I am. I would also not mind you hijacking the thread to tell me what a handsome man I am, or how thick and lustrous my hair is. Just saying. You know, feel free. Oh! I also happen to be wearing a sweater that brings out the colour in my eyes. You can try riffing on that, too.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:23 AM   #10
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
As a member of the OI team, allow me to say that I personally have no problem with you hijacking the thread to tell me how awesome I am. I would also not mind you hijacking the thread to tell me what a handsome man I am, or how thick and lustrous my hair is. Just saying. You know, feel free. Oh! I also happen to be wearing a sweater that brings out the colour in my eyes. You can try riffing on that, too.
Ahhhhhhhh, an artist with true humility.

Great work.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:28 PM   #11
quickhand
Connoisseur

Yes, I've always considered humility to be my greatest strength - though I have so many great strengths that it isn't easy to choose just one.

But seriously, I'm doing the app development, which is the easier, more instantly gratifying stuff. The people doing the hard work, the infrastructure work, the kernel hacking, the porting, the packaging, are the ones who deserve the real credit: jekhor, dottedmag, LunohoD, xl0. They're the magic-men. Any two-bit programmer can do what I do.

ps. Open call to two-bit programmers to join in app development!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
ps. Open call to two-bit programmers to join in app development!
Hmm... I have done most of my work on 8 bit and 16 bit and most recently 32bit. I have never been a 2-bit programmer. So, I guess I don't qualify.

BOb
Old 04-14-2009, 02:09 PM   #13
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Hmm... I have done most of my work on 8 bit and 16 bit and most recently 32bit. I have never been a 2-bit programmer. So, I guess I don't qualify.

BOb
You'll count as 4-to-16 2-bit programmers
Old 04-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
You'll count as 4-to-16 2-bit programmers
Hmm... but I'm still not sure if I am a little indian or a big indian.

BOb
Old 04-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #15
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Hmm... but I'm still not sure if I am a little indian or a big indian.

BOb
Neither if you don't know how to spell endian.

Dale