Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-27-2015, 09:55 PM   #1
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Black Friday $35 Fire Tablet and $25 Fire Tv Stick

Don't know if the deals stop today or will last through cyber Monday.

I've been very happy with both the Fire Tv Stick and Amazon Fire 7" tablet. I say this as a fairly enthusiastic Apple products owner (iPhone, iPad, Appe Tv, Mac).

It's all about "jobs to be done". For me the $50 tablet (get it for $35 today) is a nice road warrior device for watching tv and movies. Pop in an SD card, and load it up and go on the road. It does all the "tablet-y" things too, but I prefer my Apple devices for most of those. But if I didn't have an iPad, I'd be hard pressed to spend the $600 (I'd not buy the $500 one with only 15gb) for the iPad. Lucky for me my job provides it too me.

The Fire Tv Stick is missing two features, one of which is important to me. It doesn't work with iTunes media (but I don't buy movies from iTunes anyway). More important to me it doesn't support Airplay.

However, the Fire Tv Stick does everything else the Apple Tv does and has two extra features. Amazon Prime Videos - like having Netflix thrown in for free with your Prime subscription. And it has the Plex app for streaming movies and tv shows from my computer (running the Plex server).

For $25 (normally $40), I decided to add a fire stick to my downstairs tv that currently has an Apple Tv. I chose that over paying $150 for the new Apple Tv which would give me the Plex app, but would not give me Amazon Prime video.

Enjoy!
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:31 AM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Great deal!

I think the Kindle Fire for $35 was a great deal! I ordered 4 of them as Christmas presents for various people including myself.
My only disappointment is that it looks like we won't get them until after Christmas? Hopefully they can rev up their manufacturing before then. I think they expected a good number of sales, but maybe they got more than they expected?
The sale was apparently a black friday only one as it is gone today.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2015, 03:23 PM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
The sale ended Saturday at midnight, I think. It was still good when I cancelled my 2nd order, which was after 11 pm ET.

I ordered the bundle from Staples, which will supposedly be here tomorrow.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:38 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I came close to getting the Stick but when Amazon joined Disney & Vudu I decided on another Vudu Spark Now my Disneys I buy on Amazon streams thru Vudu!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:38 AM   #5
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon just announced that Amazon Prime Video is coming to the new Apple Tv. I may yet pick one up to be my "one device".
Advert
Old 11-30-2015, 02:00 PM   #6
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
If you have the 7" gen 5 ($50) tablet be sure to check out this UTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCt2a88bQ6o

I learned a lot from it...hope you like it.
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:09 PM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Amazon just announced that Amazon Prime Video is coming to the new Apple Tv. I may yet pick one up to be my "one device".
There is no such Amazon announcement. It is an 'unverified report', whose sole source is a tweet from someone that does not represent Amazon, as far as I can tell. I don't know why that has inspired so much confidence that it is actually happening.

Amazon did publicly announce in October that they were not going to carry the new Apple TV because 'it did not have Amazon Video app' and indeed they are not doing so. However, since then Apple has stated that tvOS is 'open to all' so if there is no Amazon Video app, it is Amazon's not-doing. They should do an app, of course, but by the same token they should put an Amazon Video app in Google Play, and they have not ever done so (except for some now defunct Google TV devices).

If you have an Apple mobile device, you can of course use AirPlay with the Amazon Video app. It'll probably work better with the new Apple TV. You can AirPlay to Fire TV as well with 3rd party apps for Fire TV.

Last edited by tomsem; 11-30-2015 at 08:26 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:34 PM   #8
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Bought my sister the $35 Fire for Christmas.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:20 AM   #9
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Ordered one from the UK. Delivered to my Mum yesterday and I will pick it up next week when I visit home

Not looking for wonderful things but at 35.00, couldn't resist as a bedside replacement for my PaperWhite that I can also stream to from my NAS if I fancy music as well.
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:19 PM   #10
leebase
Karma Kameleon

The Fire tablets and Tv sticks were big hits with those I gave them too as presents
Old 12-29-2015, 04:08 PM   #11
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
A look inside the $50 Kindle Fire

http://www.techrepublic.com/pictures...tag=TRE001a825

Enjoy!
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote