Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-16-2010, 01:50 AM   #1
DaronFraley
Enthusiast
DaronFraley has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle
The Thorn, book one of The Chronicles of Gan now FREE

As of today, my speculative fiction novel, THE THORN, is now available for free on Smashwords.com: Smashwords Author Page

Back cover copy for the book:

Three tribes are at war on the planet Gan, unaware that the sign of Christ’s birth on an unknown world - Earth - is about to appear in the heavens. During a bloody skirmish with Gideonite troops, Jonathan of Daniel spares Pekah, a young enemy soldier, gaining his trust forever. These two distant brothers from estranged tribes covenant with each other to end the war being waged by a self-proclaimed emperor, and soon discover the intentions of a far more dangerous foe named Rezon – a sinister general bent on ruling those he can bring into subjection and destroying all others. In the end, Pekah’s selfless bravery is the means by which all the tribes are united. But there are dissenters, and Rezon escapes a well-deserved fate. When the promised heavenly signs appear, will there be peace at last, or will the malefactors once again threaten the safety of them all?

Speculative Fiction by genre, The Thorn is an adventure story which reads like historical fiction. Yes, there is a Christian theme to it, but it is no more "in your face" than the Narnia series by C.S. Lewis. If you liked that series, give The Thorn a try.

Comments by some of my readers:

“ . . . I’ll conclude by confessing that I finished the first installment of The Chronicles of Gan with tears in my eyes. It was late evening. I looked out the window at the darkening sky and wished I could sit once more under the stars and share this book with my father. That, my friends, is the highest praise I’ve ever given a novel.” — Kerry Blair, author of the “Nightshade Mystery Series”, “Counting Blessings

“If you can imagine a cross between Braveheart and the Chronicles of Narnia you may be on the right track, just don‘t expect any talking beavers.” — David J. West, author of “Heroes of the Fallen

“Fraley weaves a grand story of action, intrigue, and loyalty… Crisp writing and interesting characters mingle with a well-conceived plot.” — Marsha Ward, author of “Trail of Storms”, “The Man from Shenandoah”, and “Ride to Raton

“Though a religious idea is the starting point for the novel, Fraley does a good job of making the theology a subtle part of the story and does it in such a way that someone who doesn’t believe in the idea won’t be turned off by it.” — Abel Keogh, author of “Room for Two” and “The Third
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	THE_THORN_REV3_Amazon_1200high.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	62876  
DaronFraley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
DaronFraley
Enthusiast

Traditionally Published Adventure Story Now A FREE Ebook

In addition to Smashwords, THE THORN is now free from the Nook Store:

THE THORN

Last edited by DaronFraley; 01-03-2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Removing the link to the other book, to abide by the one-book = one-thread rule.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
DaronFraley
Enthusiast

The Thorn, free at the Kindle Store

It has been a long time since I have been here at Mobiread, and I completely forgot . . . in addition to Smashwords and the Nook Store, THE THORN has been free at the Kindle Store for at least 6 months now.

Check it out here:

THE THORN

Tags
adventure, christian, christian fantasy, free e-book, free ebook, series, short stories, speculative fiction