Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
anniesahu1
anniesahu1 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Exclamation PE stuck in hibernating screen...INSTANT HELP NEEDED PLEASE!

My PE is stuck. The E-Ink side just says 'The Pocket eDGe is hibernating. Press the Menu button to wake it up." I tried pressing the menu button, but nothing is happening. The tablet side is just complete black, locked. I tried turning it off, but doesn't work. The light near the power switch has been stuck with green for a long time. Nothing works...and the PE is hot, well warm. it gets hotter....PLEASE HELP! I am like freaking out....any help would be appreciated!

anniesahu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by anniesahu1 View Post
My PE is stuck. The E-Ink side just says 'The Pocket eDGe is hibernating. Press the Menu button to wake it up." I tried pressing the menu button, but nothing is happening. The tablet side is just complete black, locked. I tried turning it off, but doesn't work. The light near the power switch has been stuck with green for a long time. Nothing works...and the PE is hot, well warm. it gets hotter....PLEASE HELP! I am like freaking out....any help would be appreciated!

Calm down it will be OK. Try this: Slide and HOLD the Power Switch towards the Power Light. Do Not Let Go of the Switch until you see the default Pocket eDGe screen on the e-reader. The tablet should turn off.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #3
anniesahu1

i tried that, i held it for like 2 minutes...nothing happened.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:38 PM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If the light is solid green it means the PE isn't really hibernating even though it says it is. When it is hibernating the power light should flash. Have you tried pressing every button on the tablet to see if there is any response?

The only other options I can think of is to let the battery lose its charge and die off and see if it will power back up (BEST OPTION)

or if you are handy with a screwdriver you can lift the bumpers on the tablet side and take the back off and unplug the battery (NOT RECOMMENDED). I am NOT recommending this if you feel you cannot do it, but I can't judge the level of your abilities. I put the disclaimer in because I don't want to be flame sprayed by other forum members for even suggesting such a thing. However, I know that some are capable of it. I hope everything turns out OK.

Here are pictures of the PE internals taken by a PE owner who opened up the PE, if you are inclined:

http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/k...Pocket%20eDGe/

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-23-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
anniesahu1

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
If the light is solid green it means the PE isn't really hibernating even though it says it is. When it is hibernating the power light should flash. Have you tried pressing every button on the tablet to see if there is any response?

The only other options I can think of is to let the battery lose its charge and die off and see if it will power back up (BEST OPTION)

or if you are handy with a screwdriver you can lift the bumpers on the tablet side and take the back off and unplug the battery (NOT RECOMMENDED). I am NOT recommending this if you feel you cannot do it, but I can't judge the level of your abilities. I put the disclaimer in because I don't want to be flame sprayed by other forum members for even suggesting such a thing. However, I know that some are capable of it. I hope everything turns out OK.

Here are pictures of the PE internals taken by a PE owner who opened up the PE, if you are inclined:

http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/k...Pocket%20eDGe/
Yeah, I tried pushing all the buttons.

I was thinking

"The only other options I can think of is to let the battery lose its charge and die off and see if it will power back up (BEST OPTION)"

the same exact thing but didn't know of it would work. I hope it does! I don't think I can open up the PE...Anyways, Thanks a lot for helping. I was freaking out, now I have a feeling it will work and everything will turn out OK. You are the best!

Old 09-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #6
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Yeah, I tried pushing all the buttons.

I was thinking

"The only other options I can think of is to let the battery lose its charge and die off and see if it will power back up (BEST OPTION)"

the same exact thing but didn't know of it would work. I hope it does! I don't think I can open up the PE...Anyways, Thanks a lot for helping. I was freaking out, now I have a feeling it will work and everything will turn out OK. You are the best!
Have you tried the straightened out paper clip reset?
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:05 PM   #7
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Yeah, I tried pushing all the buttons. I was thinking "The only other options I can think of is to let the battery lose its charge and die off and see if it will power back up (BEST OPTION)" the same exact thing but didn't know of it would work. I hope it does! I don't think I can open up the PE...Anyways, Thanks a lot for helping. I was freaking out, now I have a feeling it will work and everything will turn out OK. You are the best!
Did You Try the Reset? Use a paper clip.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:33 PM   #8
anniesahu1

Smile

OMG! Thanks a lot guys! The reset button worked! Phew, feel so much better now! You guys are the best! :t hanks::tha nks:
Old 09-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #9
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
OMG! Thanks a lot guys! The reset button worked! Phew, feel so much better now! You guys are the best! :t hanks::tha nks:
I'm so glad it worked. It is very rare to see a PE locked up from "hibernation". In fact, I think you are the first. This is a common problem with the full-size Edge upgraded to Ermine. I don't think it was really hibernating because when the PE hibernates the power light blinks and you said yours was solid. If you are feeling brave you can press and hold the ROTATE button on the LCD and place the PE into hibernate manually and see what I mean. However, you might want to wait a few days before trying it.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:40 PM   #10
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Anniesahu1, I don't believe it! I have finally "met" someone who uses even more emoticons than I do!

So glad you got the help you needed (from a couple of AWESOME forum members!) and are back in business!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #11
mssharpe
mssharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mssharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mssharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mssharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mssharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mssharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mssharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mssharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mssharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mssharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mssharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pocket edge
Hi,
My pocket edge says it's stuck in hibernation. I've tried holding down the menu button, holding the power button for a minute or more, and the reset button. Nothing works. It has been stuck for four days. The battery hasn't run out yet, but it is blinking red. Can anyone help me. Thank you. PG
mssharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #12
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Goodness. I've always had success with using the reset button. Are you sure you had it firmly compressed for long enough?
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #13
obsessed2
Wizard

Try plugging it in and see what happens. Then try pressing Menu to bring it out of hibernation or use a paper clip or pin and push the Reset near the USB port.

Last edited by obsessed2; 10-11-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Tags
hibernate, pocket edge, stuck