Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #31
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Wow, how did you get yours to fold so flat? I've had my Oberon for a year now (it's a KT Oberon refitted for my PW) and it still doesn't fold completely flat.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #32
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Surprisingly, this cover has folded flat like that since I first got it. I was surprised too because I had Oberons for my K2 and K3 and they never folded that flat. I also currently still have my Touch, it's in an Oberon too, but it doesn't fold as flat as this one, but I don't ever read on it any more, so it's not very worn. Perhaps too it could have something to do with the design? My PW Oberon is the Butterfly, and the spine part of it is pretty plain. My Touch Oberon is the Camelot, which has the wrap around design. One thing I have done with Oberons in the past to make them fold back flatter is to fold it back (with no Kindle in it) and put those real strong clips on it and let it sit overnight like that.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #33
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
@PG4003 —

My oldest Oberons fold back like that, but the newest ones—the one my Kindle Touch resides in and the one that holds my iPad—haven't nearly enough age on them yet to fold back so completely. None of them did so right out of the box as yours did. I should try that clamping thing you use for my iPD cover. I'll go right now and put it in a vise and see how that works.

Interesting aside, the only Oberon I own that shows any real signs of age is the da Vinci, which was the second Oberon I ever bought. At the spine, the "hinges" seem to have lost quite a bit of their definition, as if the stamping wasn't quite as deep as on my other covers.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:45 AM   #34
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I know people love their Oberon cases (and they are beautiful to look at), but I always think it seems a shame to bundle a nice sleek little Kindle inside all that case, even that one that folds flat!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:43 PM   #35
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I'd recommend this case over the official Amazon case (I have both), also in the link referenced by GoSharks, because it is lighter and smaller, so better for traveling, than the official cover, and I'd add this sleeve for the outside if your trip is of the back-packing type and your Paperwhite will be in rough conditions.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #36
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
Perhaps too it could have something to do with the design? My PW Oberon is the Butterfly, and the spine part of it is pretty plain.
That could be it. Mine also has a wraparound design (paisley), which is maybe why it doesn't fold very flat. I tried folding it back and placing a heavy book on it overnight the first day I got it. It made it easier to fold back but still not as flat as I'd like.

@WT Sharpe That's a shame about your Da Vinci. That's actually one of the other designs I was considering too (and might get for a future device). (Love the key charm they include with the cover )
Old 04-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #37
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
I also have a Da Vinci but it's a small journal, so it doesn't get folded back very much at all. Since I posted the picture of my Oberon (Butterfly) folded back, I broke down and ordered myself another Oberon, this one is the Camelot in Sky Blue. So I'll see if it folds back as easily, since the Camelot design wraps all around the cover.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #38
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I'd recommend this case over the official Amazon case (I have both), also in the link referenced by GoSharks, because it is lighter and smaller, so better for traveling, than the official cover, and I'd add this sleeve for the outside if your trip is of the back-packing type and your Paperwhite will be in rough conditions.

From what I've been reading of the reviews, there have been reports of the Paperwhite falling out of the sleeve, even though the ad copy states that it fits.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #39
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
From what I've been reading of the reviews, there have been reports of the Paperwhite falling out of the sleeve, even though the ad copy states that it fits.

Don
I meant to use them together: the case AND the sleeve, and, I agree, if held upside down, the kindle will defintely fall out if it sits in it naked.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #40
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I use http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/lightwedg...ask-p32402.htm

Which works nicely. No fancy magnet but it has space in the sleeve to "slide one in" should the need arise

Last edited by twobob; 04-08-2013 at 07:34 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:25 AM   #41
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Don
The sleeves recommended by xendula may have that problem, but the Oberon Paperwhite sleeves assuredly don't. With the magnetic securing latch in place, I held my sleeve upside-down and tried my best to shake the Paperwhite loose, but it didn't bulge. Holding the latch open (it has a tendency to close if you don't), I repeated the test and was able through vigorous shaking to dislodge my Kindle, but who's going to hold their latch open to do something like that?

Bottom line: your Kindle stays secure in the Oberon sleeve.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 04-09-2013 at 06:31 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #42
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
My posting on a case for PW.
Quote:
I have a slip case from http://www.sfbags.com for my Paperwhite. It's a bit more expensive (though I didn't have to buy mine as it was part of the Winter Contest) but it holds the Kindle very well. It won't let the reader slip out and even has a plastic piece between the inner and outer lining of the case to help protect the screen.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:58 PM   #43
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I will probably experiment with affixing a thin magnet to the bezel where the sensor resides to see if that has the desired effect.
tomsem, I'm thinking that when the cover is closed, the magnet is against the sensor, turning the PW OFF. If you put a magnet right on the sensor, I think you might not ever get it to turn ON. The other thing is that you need a pretty strong magnet to have any influence at all. I tried playing with some of that magnetic tape people use to make ornaments, and it didn't do anything.

Andy
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #44
xtine
Addict

Finally got my custom M-Edge Paperwhite cover. It's a little thicker than I'd like but it seems really sturdy and the PW fits very snugly.

[Image exceeds posting guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-06-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:10 AM   #45
jippy
jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm using this case

http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_188863_1.jpg

bought from dx.com (must wait about 3 weeks)

cheap and good quality
jippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, kindle paperwhite