Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
epub to mobi conv - padding right not working

I have a friend supplied Pages(Mac) epub. After some short work on it I have the epub displaying on my iPad very well ("use publishers settings" In Bluefire reader.)

However, when I use Calibre to convert to mobi I am losing "padding-right" on block quote type text that is setup with left and right margin. "padding-left" is working great, "padding-right" is not. The text is setting flush to the right margin.

Here is typical epub tag:
Quote:
<p class="s10 s11">Text is found here.</p>
Here is relevant css (generated by Pages - I have changed "paddinging-left" and "padding-right" from percentage values to "2em":
Quote:
.s10{
font-size: 56.2500%;
font-style: normal;
font-variant: normal;
font-weight: normal;
letter-spacing: 0.0000em;
margin-bottom: 0.0000%;
margin-top: 0.0000%;
padding-left: 2em;
padding-right: 2em;
text-align: justify;
text-decoration: none;
text-indent: 0.0000%;
text-transform: none;
white-space: normal;
}
.s11{
font-size: 62.5000%;
padding-left: 2em;
padding-right: 2em;
}
Can someone tell me why the epub to mobi is not working? Again, I have my left padding, but no right padding.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by 1611mac; 11-12-2011 at 03:34 PM.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It's working like it should. The mobi format doesn't support any kind of right margins/padding.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
It's working like it should. The mobi format doesn't support any kind of right margins/padding.
oh well then.... (Obviously I don't work much with .mobi)

Thanks.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
No problem.

To be honest... mobi doesn't really support left-margins/padding either. Paragraphs that have a left-margin set through css or inline styles are simply converted to a <blockquote> element... which are then nested to get the level of indentation desired.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote