Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-01-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
Cpfoxhunt
Cpfoxhunt began at the beginning.

Device: still looking
Best Calibre settings to convert Math/Physics textbooks in PDF to LRF?

Hi,

I have a sony PRS 505. I am also a science student. A few of our lecturers have put books on their websites in PDF form, and I would like to have these, complete with diagrams, on my reader.

My question was basically this: in order to preserve diagrams, I cannot just use pdf reflow. So what are the best settings using calibre to convert something which is text and LatEX (or whatever the mathstype thing is) into a format readable by the sony?

If I just have the PDF's on their own, then they are too small, and there is a lot of empty space on the screen - so I guess a way to just cut the dead space from the pdf's would also work.

Experimenting with the numbers in Calibre, i'm not really sure what i'm doing and don't seem to be ablt to get a result I like.

So, any ideas?

Cheers

Cpfoxhunt
Cpfoxhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:28 PM   #2
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Hello,

If you would like to preserve tables, figures, and equations as they are, I think it is better to use programs that converts all content to images and process it later.
There are many programs such as PDFLRF, PaperCrop, PDFread, soPDF, and so on.
I will highly recommend PDFLRF and PaperCrop and this following thread may be of help.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32360

Have fun with PRS-505
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert