Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #1
bakerjw
Enthusiast
bakerjw doesn't litterbakerjw doesn't litter

Device: none
I took the plunge

Well after a few weeks of hemming and hawing about the Sony versus the Kindle, I went with the Kindle. Sony software has been soo poor on other devices that I won't risk it.

Luckily, a lot of the older text e-books and Lit books can be converted so I can load those up for a quick read.

I'll see it on Friday.
bakerjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:04 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Congratulations. I hope you enjoy your Kindle!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
you will wonder why you waited so long......welcome to the kindle club!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
enjoy bakerjw
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Enjoy. May you love your Kindle as much as I do mine!!!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2008, 01:46 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Yes, have fun! I'm glad it is arriving on a Friday, so you have all weekend to play with it. It would be a hard thing, to have it arrive mid week, if you had to work or something!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:46 AM   #7
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Enjoy. May you love your Kindle as much as I do mine!!!
Yeah ditto! (wait I dont have one, but I want one,) I did get my stimulus check this week... No I must refrain taking the kids to Disney... But DG has one, and so does Daffy... OH the Peer Pressure!!!!

Crap I was typing out loud again, I hate it when that happens now everyone knows, I try to be good and keep it all in and then next thing I know blam there it is on MR, If I am not careful I will be telling DG I love her Kindle or Daffy hers then I am caught between two Kindles, And then what about Queen Zee she has an EB 1150 and I cant resist french Readers, Wait I am doing it a again!!!

JJ

Last edited by jerryleejr; 07-10-2008 at 02:38 AM.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:13 AM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

JJ, look into the computer screen. Look deep. You will see no other words but these.

BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW.

I will now count backwards from three. When I finish, you will wake, rested, resfreshed and well read from owning your new Kindle.

3 - 2 - 1 Ahhhhhh
Old 07-10-2008, 12:27 PM   #9
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
JJ, look into the computer screen. Look deep. You will see no other words but these.

BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW. BUY A KINDLE. BUY IT NOW.

I will now count backwards from three. When I finish, you will wake, rested, resfreshed and well read from owning your new Kindle.

3 - 2 - 1 Ahhhhhh
For some unknown reason I have the strangest urge to buy a Kindle,
Oh wait it was just dust on my screen!

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Old 07-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
KIndle vs ?

All I know is the feeling I get when I use mine. Its almost...well, its just good! And now that I have the M-edge cover........life is good. (see my post under "kindle" site.

desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #12
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Yes, have fun! I'm glad it is arriving on a Friday, so you have all weekend to play with it. It would be a hard thing, to have it arrive mid week, if you had to work or something!
Had to work or something? Woman, bite yer tongue!

Have fun with the Kindle. I won't go anywhere without mine. Even --- work!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:28 AM   #13
bakerjw
Enthusiast
bakerjw doesn't litterbakerjw doesn't litter

Device: none
I checked the tracking number about 11:00 PM last night to ensure that it would be delivered today and it showed delivered!!! My wife was outside almost all day yesterday! There was no way that it was delivered!!!

I checked the front porch and there was my Kindle! Damn! At 11:00 PM too! Too late to stay up reading.

Got up early, fired it up and I absolutely LOVE it already!!!! Fantastic little machine!!!
bakerjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:26 AM   #14
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Congratulations! Glad you're having fun and enjoying it.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:47 PM   #15
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Congratulations! I've had mine over half a year now and I still love it. Every time I pick it up, it makes me smile.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote