Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
Dyspeptica
Enthusiast
Dyspeptica began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Linking fails on fedora17: cannot find boost::system::system_category

Trying to compile sigil on fedora 17. ( The available version in the repos is 3.x or so!).
I have the latest cmake, qt4.8, and *all* 51 boost packages. I added /usr/lib64/boost141 to /etc/ld.so.conf.

BUT:
< many errors redacted >
AttributesPresentValidator.cpp.text.startup+0x2f ): undefined reference to `boost::system::system_category()'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Some google-fu leads me to believe that there should be a specific -lboost on the gcc command line. I am not familiar with cmake and have no idea where any adjustment would be put.
HELP!.
Dyspeptica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Have you tried allowing Sigil to build it's own included Boost package, rather than relying on your system's Boost packages? Not 100% sure, but I think it's the -DFORCE_BUNDLED_COPIES switch added to the original CMAKE command.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
Dyspeptica
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Have you tried allowing Sigil to build it's own included Boost package, rather than relying on your system's Boost packages? Not 100% sure, but I think it's the -DFORCE_BUNDLED_COPIES switch added to the original CMAKE command.
Thanks. I'll go for that. Exactly *where* do I add that? Which Makefile etc?
Old 10-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Any -D option is passed on the command line when running cmake.

For example:

Code:
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DFORCE_BUNDLED_COPIES=1
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #5
Dyspeptica
Enthusiast

Well that went further and cleaner but failed with:
[ 84%] Building CXX object src/Sigil/CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/qrc_icon.cxx.o
Linking CXX executable ../../bin/sigil
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l1
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [bin/sigil] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/Sigil/CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I've been building stuff including the linux kernel for over 10 years and I have *never* seen that error!. I have no idea *which* library is being missed.

Anyone got a clue? A 'grep -R -H -n '-l1' *' against the entire build tree lists src/Sigil/Makefile as containing that, but a search in the file gives 'Pattern not found: -l1'.
Now officially stumped!

Last edited by Dyspeptica; 10-14-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Advert