Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #16
Poodlemom1
Groupie
Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Glow HD, Fire HD6, iPad Air 2, Mini 2
Mine arrived a couple of hours ago. Had a little bit of a problem...it wouldn't open any of my books. I had a chat with Amazon and had to deregister it. Works great now.
Poodlemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #17
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
Mines has shipped and I'll be receiving it tomorrow.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #18
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I just got my 32 Gb Fire HD 7". It is starting out with 26.68 Gb available of 26.96 Gb.

I presume the rest is for the operating system. It upgraded itself to firmware 7.2.1 and I unsubscribed to Special Offers for $ 15.00 plus sales tax.

I noticed that book recommendations at the bottom of the screen in Portait Mode, only, must be removed in the Settings.

So far the fonts look much better than the Kindle Fire 1st Gen. Unfortunately, my AcroBible will not work on the HD but dues work on the 1st Gen. Its page on the Amazon store confirms that. Its app is simoly unavailable there.

If folks with the 16 Gb model also have the 5 Gb of overhead, then they only have 11 Gb of free space. That is a huge overhead just to start up.

Many programs have much better fonts. I'll have to explore all this in more detail.

For example, the GSam Battery Monitor ALWAYS maintains it's percent icon in the upper right hand corner. In the 1st Gen it disappeared when in other apps or ebooks.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-25-2012 at 06:29 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote