Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
HighRoadToTibet
John Dwyer
HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
How to promote on B&N, Kobo and Apple?

Hi All,
I use Smashwords to distribute my travel adventure book [promotional material removed - MODERATOR] to B&N, Kobo, Apple, etc. My sales from these vendors are not nearly as good as what I have with Kindle. Do you have any tips on how I can effectively promote my work in these channels?
Thanks,
John

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-08-2011 at 01:37 PM.
HighRoadToTibet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
Lazer
Groupie
Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I wish I had a good answer. My book; Analyzing Ballistic Evidence (promotional comMent removed - MODEERATOR) sells once or twice a week on Amazon and about every other month on Barnes & Noble.

My theory is simple: There are a lot more Kindles out there than Nooks or iPads. Plus the bulk of prolific readers have eReaders (not tablets) -and the majority bought the Kindle.

I'll be curious to follow this thread out...

L

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-09-2011 at 05:47 AM.
Lazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
How do you promote it on the Kindle? They are the same type of people, just with a different device, so what works on the Kindle will work on the others too.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:59 AM   #4
HighRoadToTibet
John Dwyer
HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the replies. Just wondering if there's an Apple reading forum, a Kobo forum out there? I know mobileread is a great place for all ereaders but wondering if there are others out there that I don't know about.
Thanks,
John
Old 11-09-2011, 10:26 AM   #5
nigel p bird
Banned
nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I don't have an answer either.

I know that Kindle sales at Amazon tend to be better because of the efficiency of their machine.

The Barnes and Noble Nookboards have a little effect, but again it seems to be less than spectacular.

Good luck. Chipping away is the best I can suggest, other than giving things away for free; as far as I can see that's the thing Smashwords is best for.

nigel
nigel p bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #6
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Maybe where its allowed, add links to each book on the various store in your signature? For example:

Buy my novels on Kindle: (link)
Buy them for your iPad: (link)
Or for your Nook: (link)
All others try this: (link to buy the epub version)

I know it probably wouldn't go over too well here, but if you did it on some other site that didn't care or cared less, then maybe you'd get more bites?
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:47 AM   #7
HighRoadToTibet
John Dwyer

Thanks for the tips. As I guessed, there's no silver bullet for promotion on non-kindle platforms except hard work! If I do come up with any good ideas myself, I'll post here and let you know.
Thnaks,
John

Tags
apple, kindle, nook