Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-21-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
Oletros
Connoisseur
Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle NT
Book stuck at "Opening document"

I have been reading a sideloaded epub book and today when I have tried to open it it's stuck at "Opening the document" and I can't change page, find, or anything.

I can open other books and they work right.

Can anyone help me with this book?
Oletros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:58 AM   #2
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
How big is the file? It may just take awhile for the initial loading of the document due to the size. Or there could be a problem with the file itself. Have you tried opening it in something like Calibre's ereader on your computer? If it won't open there either then there's an issue with the file and you'll either need to reconvert if you converted it to epub yourself or redownload it from the original source. Hope that helps.

Beth
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
Oletros
Connoisseur
Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookJunkieLI View Post
How big is the file? It may just take awhile for the initial loading of the document due to the size. Or there could be a problem with the file itself. Have you tried opening it in something like Calibre's ereader on your computer? If it won't open there either then there's an issue with the file and you'll either need to reconvert if you converted it to epub yourself or redownload it from the original source. Hope that helps.

Beth
I have read 300 of the 400 pages it has. I will try to copy another time
Oletros is offline   Reply With Quote