Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #12091
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
We are warming up also and should be about 60F for Christmas.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #12092
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
We're predicted to break records this weekend - temps into the 70's F - in late December!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #12093
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Beautiful day here and 47F with the sun out. The wind is a bit cold, but it stills feel great with the sun out.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #12094
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
I'm in Las Vegas where it is in the 50's and the sun is lighting up the palm trees and pinyon pines.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #12095
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Sort of a meteorological phenomenon I guess. I saw something amusing today as I was driving home from grocery shopping. I was driving north on along the main street in town and was stopped at a stop sign at a cross street waiting for a long file of high school students to walk west to east across the intersection to a parked school bus. All but one of the students were dressed as one might expect for being out doors in 18 F weather. Bringing up the rear was a girl dressed in a thin jacket, a tight mini-skirt, and high heeled ankle high boots. She was stumbling along taking small mincing steps to negotiate the snow and ice without falling flat. I guess looking hot is worth being cold?

Last edited by Hamlet53; 12-20-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Advert
Old 12-21-2013, 12:12 AM   #12096
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
... I guess looking hot is worth being cold?
Absolutely! I wore my good canvas chore coat today -- the one with only one rip in the sleeve!

I had to make one of my long distance round trips today. It was gray and overcast, but temps were about 50° so the little bout of precipitation I encountered was rain (of the non-freezing variety). It might not even fall below freezing overnight. My wife and kids are going out on Saturday, so I should be able to shovel the rest of the slush off the driveway.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #12097
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Dealing with freezing rain, which is expected over the entire weekend. Already have a significant layer of ice on the trees, cars and driveway.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #12098
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So I'm doing yard work today attired in shorts & T-shirt & summer Wellies [ankle high, unlined] - working up a sweat - with very gusty winds helping to blow away the leaves as I extracted them from under the evergreen bushes. On December 21!

We're to have a couple of days in the 70's F - and then another arctic air mass moves in on Monday .... with moisture ...

Stay safe red!
Old 12-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #12099
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Dealing with freezing rain, which is expected over the entire weekend. Already have a significant layer of ice on the trees, cars and driveway.
freezing rain re-started in our area, we are filling the bathtub in case of power loss. We have a gas stove and a fireplace, so we're ok for food and heat. Hope you are okay, Red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
So I'm doing yard work today attired in shorts & T-shirt & summer Wellies [ankle high, unlined] - working up a sweat - with very gusty winds helping to blow away the leaves as I extracted them from under the evergreen bushes. On December 21!

We're to have a couple of days in the 70's F - and then another arctic air mass moves in on Monday .... with moisture ...

Stay safe red!
I hate you... (just kidding, but on days like this I wish I could retire to our own private tropical island. )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131221_172548.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	116992  
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #12100
poohbear_nc
Now what?

It's too unnaturally warm here .... we're going to pay for it sooner or later ... meteorological karma always kicks in ....

Temps dipping drastically on Monday with rain all day => who knows?
Christmas day with a high in the lower 40's F

About 10 years ago we had a severe ice storm with freezing rain - since most of the trees are either oak or some pine variety - branches crashed down and took out the power for over a week -
Some parts of town got power back on the following weekend (which was my birthday) so we slid out on icy roads to a Burger King with power restored for our first hot meal in days! I almost cried when I opened the wrapping to release a cloud of steam!

Stay safe all you Canadian folk! And anyone else receiving frozen precip!
Old 12-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #12101
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thank you 5W and Pooh.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #12102
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good luck to anyone dealing with ice!
Old 12-22-2013, 01:40 AM   #12103
cromag

We live on the south west facing side of a ridge, with a good slope to the yard ... and our driveway. The slope of the driveway gets full sun from about 10:00 AM on, this time of the year.

I was able to get the slush shoveled off the slope, down to a thin coat. If there's any sun at all on Sunday, that will be enough. There's a thicker, harder layer of ice at the base of the driveway, just before the garage doors that I couldn't make a dent in, but it won't make it past tomorrow, either, I'm willing to bet. The weather forecast is for temps in the upper 60s.

Right now the temps are still above freezing, and they will likely stay above freezing all night. Plus, it's raining. That may take care of the ice even before the sun comes up.

We were supposed to get a new roof a couple of weeks ago -- the day we got the first snow and ice storm. It's currently scheduled for December 26th, if we can avoid another snow.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #12104
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Going to be a whole lot of scraping today...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gazebo.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	117026   Click image for larger version

Name:	play_house.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	117027   Click image for larger version

Name:	tree.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	117028   Click image for larger version

Name:	van_roof.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	117029  
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #12105
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Not particularly warm today, +5C with a wind chill close to zero. But it's dry with sunshine - though the sun is now approaching the horizon....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds and lightning and, hugo and lefty