Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
Simon Wood
Addict
Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Paying the Piper (a thriller)

Recently, I’ve obtained the rights back to a number of my novels, so new to Kindle is my thriller, Paying The Piper.

Description:
The Piper is the Bay Area's infamous child kidnapper. When the Piper selected crime reporter, Scott Fleetwood, to report on his latest child kidnapping, Scott thought he had the world in his grasp, but he held nothing. Scott had been duped by a wannabe. By the time the FBI exposed the hoaxer, time had run out, leaving the real Piper only one course of action-to kill the child. With a murder added to his résumé, the Piper vanished leaving Scott to take blame from the public and the investigating FBI agent, Tom Sheils. But now, eight years later, the Piper's back, with very specific targets in mind-Scott's young children. Scott can have his children back as long as he can pay the ransom. The hard part is that ransom isn't measured in dollars, but in blood.

Paying The Piper...some debts can't be repaid.

Praise for the book:
"Wood keeps the pages flying, even as his plot gets more and more complex, accelerating nicely toward an elegant climax."
- Publishers Weekly

"Revenge fuels Wood's fast-paced thriller and the good guys deliver a winning finale."
- Oakland Tribune

"A ferocious raw artist."
- Ken Bruen, author of Jack Taylor series

"Simon Wood continues to excite readers with his second thriller's suspenseful twists and turns."
- Fresh Fiction

"An action-packed thriller that never slows down."
- Midwest Book Review

Availability:
Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Paying-The-Pip...dp/B004MDLXNY/
Kindle UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paying-The-Piper/dp/B004MDLXNY
Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view...?ref=SimonWood
Nook: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...=2940012188403
Sony: http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/sim...00000000346183

I hope you'll check the book out.

Thanks.

Last edited by Simon Wood; 03-14-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Simon Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Sounds interesting, Simon... Yep.. I bought it..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
Simon Wood
Addict
Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks so much. I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you are, I've never heard of you.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:56 AM   #4
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Wood View Post
Thanks so much. I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you are, I've never heard of you.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #5
Simon Wood
Addict

Amazon has dropped the price of PAYING THE PIPER TO $1.99. A nice little bargain. :-)