Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-11-2010, 07:11 AM   #1
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Free (Kindle) Business/Financial + Religious books

Alfred Sloan's Way by New Word City

Quote:
He invented corporate management, discovered modern marketing, and led General Motors to industrial dominance for half a century. But Alfred Sloan portrayed himself as a one-dimensional workaholic. Don't take him at his word but learn from his example. Specifically, he questioned conventional wisdom, made his company his first duty, understood that integrity and character matter more than charisma and showmanship, and welcomed disagreement.

He was an undisputed titan of industry. He outsmarted the legendary Henry Ford, invented the modern system of marketing, created the very concept of corporate management, and built General Motors into the world's most successful industrial enterprise. Sloan was an intensely private man whose deep friendships, flashes of wit, personal generosity, and vast public philanthropy all invite closer inspection—and then defy it. If there are no full-scale biographies of him, that's the way he wanted it: He burned most of his personal papers, and after he died GM destroyed most of what remained. Childless, formal, and reserved, he had no time for parties, culture, sports, or literature. He was "Mr. Sloan" even to close friends. But fleeting glints of a more human man keep breaking through the gray flannel—and if GM had kept following Sloan's real principles, it might not have gone bankrupt. Let's see what we can learn from his story.
The Truth About Leading Teams: The Essential Truths in 20 Minutes by Martha I. Finney

Quote:
There is not a "u" in team, but there should be. As a people leader, you're also a team member. Sometimes you're the coach; in fact, you might often think of yourself in the top leadership spot. But, you're also the water carrier. And if your team is working so well and independently that all they need is a regular infusion of refreshment, that's a great position for you to play.
The Truth About Negotiations by Leigh L. Thompson

Quote:
You can learn to be a world-class negotiator and get what you want!

• The truth about how to prepare within one hour
• The truth about negotiating with friends, colleagues, and spouses
• The truth about the win-win litmus test

This book reveals 53 PROVEN NEGOTIATION PRINCIPLES and bite-size, easy-to-use techniques that work.
Marketing Metrics: The Definitive Guide to Measuring Marketing Performance by Paul W. Farris, Neil T. Bendle, Phillip E. Pfeifer, David J. Reibstein

Quote:
Marketing Metrics, Second Edition, is the definitive guide to today’s most valuable marketing metrics. In this thoroughly updated and significantly expanded book, four leading marketing researchers show exactly how to choose the right metrics for every challenge.

The authors show how to use marketing dashboards to view market dynamics from multiple perspectives, maximize accuracy, and “triangulate” to optimal solutions. You’ll discover high-value metrics for virtually every facet of marketing: promotional strategy, advertising, and distribution; customer perceptions; market share; competitors’ power; margins and pricing; products and portfolios; customer profitability; sales forces and channels; and more.

This edition introduces essential new metrics ranging from Net Promoter to social media and brand equity measurement. Last but not least, it shows how to build comprehensive models to support planning—and optimize every marketing decision you make.
The Simple Dollar: How One Man Wiped Out His Debts and Achieved the Life of His Dreams by Trent Hamm

Quote:
The Simple Dollar can change your life.

Trent Hamm found himself drowning in consumer debt, working in a job he couldn’t stand… and figured out how to escape that debt and build the fulfilling career he’d always dreamt about, all at the same time.

Hamm shared his experiences at TheSimpleDollar.com—and built it into one of America’s top personal finance websites. Now, The Simple Dollar is a book: packed with practical tips, tools, and lessons you can use to transform your life, too.

This isn’t just “another” personal finance book: it’s profoundly motivating, empowering, practical, and 100% grounded in today’s American realities. Trent Hamm will show you how to rewrite the rules, creating healthier relationships with money… and with your loved ones, too. With his help, you can get out of debt, start moving forward, and build the strong personal community that offers true happiness—no matter what happens to the economy.
Beer Is Proof God Loves Us: Reaching for the Soul of Beer and Brewing by Charles W. Bamforth

Quote:
Legendary beer expert Charlie Bamforth presents the most compelling social history of beer ever written: where it’s come from, and where it’s headed. From centuries-old cultural values to radical new approaches, craft brewing to globalization, it’s an amazing story. Bamforth tells it all–with humor, behind-the-scenes insight, and sheer joy!
By Grace Alone: How the Grace of God Amazes Me by Sinclair B. Ferguson

Quote:
Are you truly amazed by God's grace? Or have you grown accustomed to it? Yes, we sing of God's "Amazing Grace," but do you truly understand what you as a Christian have experienced in receiving the grace of God? Or do you take divine grace for granted?

In By Grace Alone: How the Grace of God Amazes Me, Dr. Sinclair B. Ferguson laments that "we have lost the joy and energy that is experienced when grace seems truly ‘amazing.'" In an effort to restore the wonder of divine grace, he reflects on it from seven angles, each built around a stanza from a rich but little-known hymn, "O How the Grace of God Amazes Me," written by Emmanuel T. Sibomana, a pastor in the African nation of Burundi. (Download the sheet music and MP3 file for free from ligonier.org.)

This book poses probing questions for today's believer: "If I am not amazed by God's grace, can I really be living in it? Can I really be tasting, and savoring, and delighting in it?" But those willing to delve into God's Word with Dr. Ferguson will come away with a deeper astonishment at the depths of God's grace.
The Power of a Whisper: Hearing God, Having the Guts to Respond by Bill Hybels

Quote:
'Without a hint of exaggeration,' says pastor and author Bill Hybels in The Power of a Whisper: Hearing God, Having the Guts to Respond Ebook, 'the ability to discern divine direction has saved me from a life of sure boredom and self-destruction. God's well-timed words have redirected my path, rescued me from temptation and re-energized me during some of my deepest moments of despair.' In The Power of a Whisper, vision is cast for what life can look like when God's followers choose to hear from heaven as they navigate life on earth. Whispers that arbitrate key decisions, nudges that rescue from dark nights of the soul, promptings that spur on growth, urgings that come by way of another person, inspiration that opens once-glazed-over eyes to the terrible plight people face in this world---through firsthand accounts spanning fifty-seven years of life, more than thirty of which have been spent in the trenches of ministry, Hybels promotes passion in Christ-followers' hearts for being wide open to hearing from God, and for getting gutsier about doing exactly what he says to do. For more information go to: www.thewhisperwall.com.

Last edited by arcadata; 10-11-2010 at 12:03 PM.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
The Power of a Whisper: Hearing God, Having the Guts to Respond is now free at Kobo for Canadians, at least, and since it's a Zondervan book, will probably also be showing up at Sony and perhaps B&N later.

I have to say that whatever the actual content may be, I quite like the title of "Beer is Proof God Loves Us" above.

ETA: Now free @ Sony. US-only.

Last edited by ATDrake; 10-12-2010 at 09:50 PM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert