Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-08-2009, 07:54 AM   #1
pikoman
Enthusiast
pikoman began at the beginning.

Device: prs505, prs700, iriver story
HELP! My 505 is restarting forever!!

My 505 is restarting forever. I put a SD with Universal Flasher and try to reflash it again but the reader doesn't load the SD. Any help???
Thanks.
pikoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:00 AM   #2
wild_Willie2
Zealot
wild_Willie2 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Strange.

I imagine that you already tried to fully charge it using a WALL CHARGER instead of the USB charger...

Have you used the universal flasher before of was this your first try ?
wild_Willie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
pikoman
Enthusiast

Yes, the reader had flashed before. Last night I formatted the internal memory and then the reader keeps on restarting.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
wild_Willie2
Zealot
wild_Willie2 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Did you actually use this same SD card before, with this version of the universal reflasher, or did you redownload it again after your reader went bonkers ?
If not, redownload the flasher.

It could also be that your reader is just out of go juice, hook it up to a wall charger for a few hours and see what happens just in case...
wild_Willie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #5
pikoman
Enthusiast

no luck ... still restarting ...
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #6
Darthatom
Darthatom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Darthatom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Darthatom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Darthatom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
I posted this advice on a couple other similar threads, but hopefully this helps somone:

To stop the restarts search for the cache folders and delete the media.xml files. That usually stops it. (I think I cause this situation when I remove books from the memory directly using my PC without removing it it through the reader's menu.)

Hope it helps

Atom
Darthatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:07 AM   #7
mukoan
Lord Of All That's Beige
mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
For the record, this happened to me last night, (first time ever, and I've had the 505 for over a year and a half now).

The epub I was reading was starting to get real slow for each page turn. So I edited the version on my PC with SIGIL to split it up more, then re-transferred it across to my device with calibre. I didn't delete the version I was reading because I assumed it would just overwrite it. When I then ejected the device, (cleanly btw), it just kept restarting over and over. After reading this thread I'm guessing the cache didn't match up with the new epub version.

Unfortunately I saw this thread after the fact... and how I resolved the issue was by removing all books on my device.
mukoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #8
rblover69
rblover69 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS900BC
my 900 gave me that issue when i uploaded alot of content with the MS in, i had to format the entire reader then reupload all my content back to the MS from calibre...i dont like storing info on the reader due to the easy of changing the me stick for diff content.
rblover69 is offline   Reply With Quote