Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Question about cycling the battery...

First off...

It's arrived! It's opened! It's plugged in! It's charging! WOOOOOO!

Now, the question for the battery. I hear from RobertB as well as other sources that a 12hr charge, followed by a full drain, and repeat this a couple times, are best to sync the battery charge with the device.

What if I do this.

Instead of spending weeks cycling the battery through constant reading use, I simply load up music, and play it on repeat until it drains. Do this a few times, and the system/battery should be synced.

Would this work?
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Mine arrived too & this is what I plan. I think it should work.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
KarateMonkey
Connoisseur
KarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litter

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, Sony PRS-300
You might not even need to load music. Just turn on TTS.
KarateMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #4
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
First off...

It's arrived! It's opened! It's plugged in! It's charging! WOOOOOO!

Now, the question for the battery. I hear from RobertB as well as other sources that a 12hr charge, followed by a full drain, and repeat this a couple times, are best to sync the battery charge with the device.

What if I do this.

Instead of spending weeks cycling the battery through constant reading use, I simply load up music, and play it on repeat until it drains. Do this a few times, and the system/battery should be synced.

Would this work?
PICS or it didnt happened (like the parrot conspiracy)
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Oh, my little Doubting Thomas...

I am showing me with a book entitlled The Bucaniers of America, which I took from Gutenburg.org, and have changed it over to pdf. I will shortly change it again to fit the 5" device, then will upload it here.

It's a first-hand account aboard the ship of Captain Morgan. An excellent pirate read for swashbucklers everywhere!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pirate with Pirate Book.JPG
Views:	406
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	36014  
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 03:35 PM   #6
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
TTS problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarateMonkey View Post
You might not even need to load music. Just turn on TTS.
I suggest you be careful with TTS, I just had some problems using it. Still trying to work out the exact proceedures.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:05 PM   #7
rling
Connoisseur
rling began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor Lite, Nook Color, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
My understanding of the modern polymer batteries is to not it let go flat at all, as this will shorten its life considerably, and that the best way to maintain the battery is to charge once it drops below half. So, how do we calibrate the battery if we don't let it run flat?
rling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:36 AM   #8
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by rling View Post
My understanding of the modern polymer batteries is to not it let go flat at all, as this will shorten its life considerably, and that the best way to maintain the battery is to charge once it drops below half. So, how do we calibrate the battery if we don't let it run flat?
That is very true that overdischarging a Lithium battery will reduce it's capacity or completely ruin it. However, since the Pocket Pro battery is a 3 lead battery, it probably contains a battery controller chip that controls charge and discharge of the battery and also communicates battery information to the Pocket Pro microprocessor. In that case, the battery controller chip will prevent the battery from becoming overdischarged, and cause a device shutdown when it detects the battery voltage reaching the critical level. Lithium batteries without an embedded controller chip can definitely be overdischarged and ruined.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:36 AM   #9
A4-
Connoisseur
A4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheese

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Go and have a look at http://batteryuniversity.com/ it has extensive information about all types of batteries.
A4- is offline   Reply With Quote