Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
Janette55
Connoisseur
Janette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it is

Device: Sony 900
Question another questions about collections and tags

I have been searching and can't seem to find what I am looking for (could have missed it . . .).

I have downloaded some books from Smashwords, Ellora Cave, Samhain and sent to my reader via Calibre.

I didn't think about taging them and how they would show up in my reader in collections. Was too anxcious to see if they would make it there without any problems in the formats (they all seem to be fine)

So, questions:

1) Can I change where they are listed in the collections on my reader?
2) Do the tags affect how they are placed into the ccollections?
3) Can I delete some of the silly and stupid collection titles that show up on my reaader?
4) Can I change the tags in the Calibre, which can then affect how they show up in the reader?

I'm figuring I will have to resend them to the reader.

A question off this topic. When I finish downloading onto the reader it showed usb cord connected. Was it okay to just unplug it from the reader and the computer. I had finished on the calibre. There wasn't anything being sent.

For any help given
Janette55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
Brian M
Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: PRS-950
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) Yes

You May have to remove and reload after changing the tags in Calibre (which is what I did while learning this very topic a few weeks ago.. ) I don't know enough about Calibre to know if it will auto-update tags. I now completely skip "Tags"and use "Series" instead when I want a collection.

As for disconnection, 99% of the time it's fine, but I HAVE killed thumbdrives by not going through the complete process to eject a USB device. You can do it from Calibre, or from the icon tray next to the clock.

Last edited by Brian M; 04-06-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Brian M is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert