Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
iluvllulu
iluvllulu plays well with othersiluvllulu plays well with othersiluvllulu plays well with othersiluvllulu plays well with othersiluvllulu plays well with othersiluvllulu plays well with othersiluvllulu plays well with othersiluvllulu plays well with othersiluvllulu plays well with othersiluvllulu plays well with othersiluvllulu plays well with others

Device: kindle 3
Checking book descriptions without connecting to the internet?

Hello! I use calibre to download book descriptions before loading them to my paperwhite and I don't have access to wifi all the time so I'm wondering if there is a way/hack to check description without the kindle asking for a connection.
iluvllulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvllulu View Post
Hello! I use calibre to download book descriptions before loading them to my paperwhite and I don't have access to wifi all the time so I'm wondering if there is a way/hack to check description without the kindle asking for a connection.
Where are the descriptions located that you want to read on the Kindle?

What firmware version on your Paperwhite?
Have you already jailbroken it?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
iluvllulu
iluvllulu plays well with othersiluvllulu plays well with othersiluvllulu plays well with othersiluvllulu plays well with othersiluvllulu plays well with othersiluvllulu plays well with othersiluvllulu plays well with othersiluvllulu plays well with othersiluvllulu plays well with othersiluvllulu plays well with othersiluvllulu plays well with others

My paperwhite's firmware is 5.3.0

I just want the book summary that is gathered after downloading my ebooks' metadata from calibre to show up on the book description on my paperwhite.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It can't be done. The description that's displayed on that page comes from the Amazon bookstore, so it's only available for:

1. A book that's been bought from Amazon (or at least, a book with an ASIN which matches a book at Amazon).
2. When you have an internet connection.

Last edited by HarryT; 12-02-2012 at 10:26 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #5
iluvllulu

hi HarryT, thanks for the reply. so you mean even when the time comes that the firmware 5.3.0 for the paperwhite can be jailbroken, seeing book descriptions from books not bought from amazon is still not possible?
Advert