Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 01:34 AM   #1
lilly12
lilly12 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
kindle fire web browsing

I am having old version of kindle. The web browsing is very slow. Is the fire web browsing better than old version?
lilly12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:26 AM   #2
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly12 View Post
I am having old version of kindle. The web browsing is very slow. Is the fire web browsing better than old version?
Welcome lilly12. Nice name.

The Fire is only WiFi.
The browser Silk will be faster for several reasons.
1. Fire's hardware is faster.
2. The browser is constructed to be faster.
3. It uses Amazon servers to speed it up and probably format it as well.

You didn't say which old Kindle you have. If you have one that had 3G, keep it because that one will browse the the whole Web without WiFi which the new Fire won't do. The new Touch Kindles (besides the Fire) with the new 3G will also not browse the whole web like the old ones did.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
None of us know whether the browsing on the Kindle Fire will run smoothly as it is said to be. Not until Amazon starts shipping them out anyway. It will definitely be a lot better than the "EXPERIMENTAL" browser that's in the Kindle Keyboard though due to the Fire having a better refresh rate.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
None of us know whether the browsing on the Kindle Fire will run smoothly as it is said to be. Not until Amazon starts shipping them out anyway. It will definitely be a lot better than the "EXPERIMENTAL" browser that's in the Kindle Keyboard though due to the Fire having a better refresh rate.
It should be as good as any Android browser which is like 85% better then the one on the K3 or K4. I surf regularly on my phone with Opera which uses similar methods as Silk. I can find what I need quickly. The other day I was at the pharmacy window at the Medical clinic I go to. The lady said "We don't have this med here." I asked her "What's it for?" She said "I don't know." then gave me a look like this isn't Walgreens. I whipped out my phone and in less then 30 seconds I had a website telling me it's was Iron pills for my Anemia. Oh the look I got still gives me chills when I think about it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #5
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It should be as good as any Android browser which is like 85% better then the one on the K3 or K4. I surf regularly on my phone with Opera which uses similar methods as Silk. I can find what I need quickly. The other day I was at the pharmacy window at the Medical clinic I go to. The lady said "We don't have this med here." I asked her "What's it for?" She said "I don't know." then gave me a look like this isn't Walgreens. I whipped out my phone and in less then 30 seconds I had a website telling me it's was Iron pills for my Anemia. Oh the look I got still gives me chills when I think about it.
You high tech Geek you!

Show off too.

frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2011, 02:19 AM   #6
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+

spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:37 AM   #7
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
one of the resons web browsing was so sloe on the e-ink devices is that e-ink loads and refreshes pages much too slow to web browsing... its fine for basic text only e-books but trying to game with it use apps and web browsing is far too much for the poor lil e-ink
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote