Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #136
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Bad luck. I have removed my Mini's outer back cover many times using thumb nail or guitar pick. When installing outer back cover I keep pressure as close to edge of reader and back outer cover as possable. Inner back cover removal is about same after removing screws. Don't loose tiny screws.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #137
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Is that little hole on the top of the Mini a reset button, or a light? Mine froze. Ok never mind, it is a light, it finally responded to holding the slider down.

Is there no reset button on the Mini?

Last edited by booklover6; 11-04-2013 at 01:52 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #138
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Is that little hole on the top of the Mini a reset button, or a light? Mine froze. Ok never mind, it is a light, it finally responded to holding the slider down.

Is there no reset button on the Mini?
I think it's behind the removable back panel.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #139
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Remove outer back cover to see reset hole. I use a guitar pick or thumb nail to start removing outer back cover at top left corner with Kobo Mini face down on table, Sliding pick around couter clock wise I complete removeing back cover.

You can then see reset hole on back bottom left of reader with it face down. I used a carpenters speed square to transer hole location to bottom edge and left edge of face down reader.

Reinstall outer back cover with reader face down on table pushing only on edge of outer cover and on around until cover is snapped in place.

You can now transfer hole location marks on side and bottom edge of reader to pencil lines on outer back cover then remove outer cover and drill tiny hole in outer cover so you can use paper clip in reset hole without removing back cover.

Last edited by filmo; 11-07-2013 at 11:55 AM.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #140
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Cheers filmo for the detailed instructions.....for us Miniites...
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert