Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #36376
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Ah, fun with new tools. Have you found a good deal on a new pool yet?

*You are going to take the metal in to the recycle, yes? *

Just finished washing off everything on the patio. I will be glad once the orchard dust is finally done and we stop getting daily coatings of dust/dirt.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #36377
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Ah, fun with new tools. Have you found a good deal on a new pool yet?

*You are going to take the metal in to the recycle, yes? *

Just finished washing off everything on the patio. I will be glad once the orchard dust is finally done and we stop getting daily coatings of dust/dirt.
I'm giving the metal to my ex-daughter-in-law as payment for helping me disassemble the pool. I have no idea how much the junkyard will pay her for it. The bad news is that her truck's on the blink, so my wife will probably give her a ride Saturday in her truck.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:47 AM   #36378
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hopefully, it is more than the gas required to drive there.

It's nice and cool this evening, so enjoying some cut up fruit and having the windows open.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:00 AM   #36379
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Laughing at the weather! Ha!
I was walking along the moat around the Old City. About 2k per side, and another kilometer from the moat to my house. On the last side of the moat I was pleased to have a nice breeze building up at my back, cooling me off. I happened to stop to adjust my audio book and looked behind me, noticing some BIIIIIG black clouds moving swiftly in a most unfriendly manner causing said wind..... I changed from audio book to fast bagpipe music, moved to the beat, and the first drops started to fall on me just as I reached the door to my house.
I beat you this time, Momma Nature! Ha!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:06 AM   #36380
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Laughing at the weather! Ha!
I was walking along the moat around the Old City. About 2k per side, and another kilometer from the moat to my house. On the last side of the moat I was pleased to have a nice breeze building up at my back, cooling me off. I happened to stop to adjust my audio book and looked behind me, noticing some BIIIIIG black clouds moving swiftly in a most unfriendly manner causing said wind..... I changed from audio book to fast bagpipe music, moved to the beat, and the first drops started to fall on me just as I reached the door to my house.
I beat you this time, Momma Nature! Ha!

Stitchawl
Now I have the image in my head of you fast walking with your kilt blowing up around you as you head from the storm. Think I need a lie down...

Right now I'm eating pineapple cheese on flatbread as I place an order for the Arden edition of Romeo and Juliette for my eldest daughter who is at drama college.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #36381
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I am not thrilled that really hot, muggy weather has returned. DB loves being outside so I cherish the nicer weather that lets us go for a long walk, stop at the school play ground, play for 30 minutes or so, and then walk home. I get in a bunch of steps, he enjoys the stroll and the playground. Win/Win. The little dude is tired when he gets home from day care, at his age there is reading, arts and crafts, and lots of play. If we stay inside he wants to read and constant attention. If we go outside he is happy to explore, point at things, and play with little attention from Mom. The back yard is ideal because I can weed and take care of things and he plays but I like the play ground because of the mile long walk we take to get there. I have to pay attention as he plays (hello elementary style play equipment with plenty of gaps and slides to fall down) but the walk is worth it and I think it is good to take him down the slide and climb on the equipment with him.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #36382
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Now I have the image in my head of you fast walking with your kilt blowing up around you as you head from the storm. Think I need a lie down...
Not a pretty picture, is it...

Mother Nature got the last laugh though. We walked out for dinner tonight to the outdoor food court. Clear skies... Nice dindin. Started back home and the heavens opened up with three blocks to go. No brolly, of course. I could swear I heard this female laughter coming out between the thunder claps. But this is Thailand. The rains are warm, and we're just wearing shorts and T-shirts and flip-flops. Walking in the rain was almost pleasant. Almost.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #36383
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Not a pretty picture, is it...

Mother Nature got the last laugh though. We walked out for dinner tonight to the outdoor food court. Clear skies... Nice dindin. Started back home and the heavens opened up with three blocks to go. No brolly, of course. I could swear I heard this female laughter coming out between the thunder claps. But this is Thailand. The rains are warm, and we're just wearing shorts and T-shirts and flip-flops. Walking in the rain was almost pleasant. Almost.

Stitchawl
Never taunt Mother Nature. She always wins.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #36384
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Just got out of my weekend class. Sitting outside on the bench at college enjoying the nice breeze.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #36385
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Watching BBC's House of Cards on Netflix. Netflix became available in the Netherlands on Wednesday. It's very smooth on my notebook via wifi, though this series is not in HD, of course.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #36386
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Watching BBC's House of Cards on Netflix. Netflix became available in the Netherlands on Wednesday. It's very smooth on my notebook via wifi, though this series is not in HD, of course.
BBC version was excellent! I'd recommend the American version (produced by NetFlix) too, if it's available to you.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #36387
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
BBC version was excellent! I'd recommend the American version (produced by NetFlix) too, if it's available to you.
It is, it reminded me I wanted to watch the original. I might read the book before watching the American version.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #36388
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Well ... I'm sitting on a heating pad .... multiple heating pads .... why you ask? Well, I was carrying the groceries up the back stairs when multiple bags suddenly burst, dumping 2 liter bottles of soda on the stairs and on my feet ... causing me to lose balance and almost plummet to the driveway (our back stairs are 15 steps) ... because my hands were full and not on the railing .... but I managed somehow to twist/contort/whatever to hold myself on the step ... and as a result sprained/strained/pulled most of the muscles in my back and neck, as well as my quads. At the time it seemed a better choice than plunging head first down the steps onto the concrete driveway. Now I'm not so sure ..... sigh .... When I can move again I'm planning to return to the store and tie plastic bags over the *#)@_!#($ lazy bagger that didn't double bag the soda bottles.

Sigh ... back to the heating pads now.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #36389
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Well ... I'm sitting on a heating pad .... multiple heating pads .... why you ask? Well, I was carrying the groceries up the back stairs when multiple bags suddenly burst, dumping 2 liter bottles of soda on the stairs and on my feet ... causing me to lose balance and almost plummet to the driveway (our back stairs are 15 steps) ... because my hands were full and not on the railing .... but I managed somehow to twist/contort/whatever to hold myself on the step ... and as a result sprained/strained/pulled most of the muscles in my back and neck, as well as my quads. At the time it seemed a better choice than plunging head first down the steps onto the concrete driveway. Now I'm not so sure ..... sigh .... When I can move again I'm planning to return to the store and tie plastic bags over the *#)@_!#($ lazy bagger that didn't double bag the soda bottles.

Sigh ... back to the heating pads now.

I really hope you are feeling better soon.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #36390
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Thank you red ... heat is helping ... off to bed soon ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?