Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
dafrizz
Ultimate Player
dafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo 1, Kobo Touch
KT doesn't keep bookmark for "Dune"

I recently purchased "Dune" from kobo and transferred it via Calibre to my KT, which is my usual way of managing my library.

Problem: whenever I reopen the book after a previous reading session it drops back to the beginning (cover page) of the book.

This has not happened with any other book so far, no matter where I got it from.

I also noticed that the "Table of contents" menu entry during reading is grey and can not be accessed.

Any ideas ?
dafrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The latter issue simply means that the book does not have a table of contents. Not every book has one.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
dafrizz
Ultimate Player
dafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo 1, Kobo Touch
Solved.

I tried loading a new book onto my touch yesterday and Calibre complained about some database error. Quick google pointed towards a corrupted database. No idea how that happened, but I performed a factory reset, upgraded the firmware, loaded all my books again and everything is working fine again.

Would like to know how the database got corrupted (I always unmount/eject the kobo before unplugging) to avoid this happening again. Not a major drama, but annoying nonetheless.
dafrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I kind of misunderstood what you said sorry

Last edited by The Terminator; 11-02-2011 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Comment removed
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:37 AM   #5
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@dafrizz: happy you got it sorted. A work around obviously could have been to just load up the .kepub. Good book btw.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote