Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 05:09 AM   #1
test011
Connoisseur
test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: K2i, K3(B006), KT(WiFi)
Smile calibre with Kindle2

I've been using this wonderful calibre for a couple of months, and really appreciate all the work. This is some software!

There are some odd things though. (Under OS Windows7 64bit, Korean edition)

1. When I hook up my Kindle there appears an icon that represents it, in the same row as red heart, with Eject arrow when you point at it. But Eject doesn't work. (I've reported this about a month ago. Maybe this is Windows7 specific problem. Doesn't get fixed.)

2. When you add an e-book - mobi,azw format with DRM or no DRM - sometimes it fails to read Meta data. Calire gives me an error. It says something about 'no permission' in some arbitrary folders (programs files, users, system32) This might be a Windows7 specific or a Plug-in problem (MobiDeDRM)

3. A suggestion. So, so many books sold from Amazon has "Author' field confused. It's always has lastname first with comma'ed first name like this 'Spangler, Ann'

Out of 87 books purchased from Amazon, only 2 of them properly had "firstname lastname" format in 'Author' field. All others, 85 books (and not to mention 23 books from manybooks.net) had 'lastname, firstname' format in the field.

I am not complaining the way they are put of course, I am suggesting maybe you can create a button to convert this automatically. Something like when you have 'Doe, John" in Author field, you hit it and get 'John Doe'. Such feature sure seems worth it.
test011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1. this is a windows specific thing, unfortunately messing with the windows API to do this is a real pain, and I have higher priorities

2. definitely a problem with your mobidedrm plugin

3. Some people like using lastname, firstname in the author field, I don't want to force them not to.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I'm using Windows 7 and mobi plugin 9. I don't have problems 1 and 2. As for problem 3, that is easy enough to change. I must say books from elsewhere seem to load much more easily.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I'm using Windows 7 and mobi plugin 9. I don't have problems 1 and 2.
I have seen problem 2 with Win7 and the mobidedrm plugin; often enough that I've reverted to stripping DRM from the command line before importing into my Calibre library.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote