Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-23-2009, 02:52 AM   #1
mastakilla
mastakilla began at the beginning.

Device: none
ADE won't recognize my 505

So I just bought my first ebooks from Books on Board. The website recommended installing ADE. It says once I plug in my reader with this progam opened it will recognize my reader so I can put the books on it. Well, it is not recognizing the reader and I have no way to get my new books on my 505.

Can anyone help me out??
mastakilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:59 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
You need to have eBook Library installed for ADE to see the Reader. (EBL provides an interface DLL necessary for ADE to talk to the Reader.) You can also use EBL 3.0 instead of ADE.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2009, 11:06 AM   #3
Lirael
Moomin
Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Erm, I don't know which OS you're using (if it's Windows, please ignore!) but if you've got a Mac, it won't recognize your reader, and as far as I know there's no way to make it do so. You can, however, still manually drag files onto the reader (from documents --> Digital Editions) and transfer everything that way.

I spent a couple very frustrating hours learning that when I first got mine, heh heh...
Lirael is offline   Reply With Quote