Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 05-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
Possible Kindle convert?

I have a Kindle 2, and I like it in some ways, but in others I think I would prefer an EZReader/BeBook/whatever they call it these days.

I'm experiencing some issues though..

1) Where can I purchase one for a reasonable price? Apparently they were $250 at Fry's a while back, but now they are back to $300. Any word on a price drop anytime soon?

2) How does the EZReader handle images? Specifically images from comic books

3) Is anyone here a Kindle convert as well? I like my Kindle, but I'm frustrated at some of the bugs, and I don't like how I have to convert everything. I was thinking of going with the Sony, but you have to convert everything there, too!
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
As much as I love my EZ Reader, I don't think it's going to be what you want in regards to comics.
I don't read comics, but as Slayda mentioned in another thread, what looks good on your PC isn't going to look as good on your reader. Since I read fiction (very few images except for maybe chapter headings), this doesn't bother me. The EZ Reader is built like a tank, though - I've dropped it, sat on it, and it's constantly exposed to cat fur/dust, and takes it all in stride.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkyfork View Post
2) How does the EZReader handle images? Specifically images from comic books
Your Kindle is likely to be better for images. For one thing the EZ Reader only has 4 grey scales, vs 16 on a K2. The Kindle also has well integrated image support, e.g. in its AZW/MOBI reader. I have never used my EZ Reader for comic books, but its image support inside conventional ebook formats is not as good as the Kindle's.

I almost never use my K1 these days, but I read mostly novels. I like the folder capability of the EZ Reader and FBReader under Open InkPot. The standard firmware is also good enough to rival the K1, but not in all formats. So you might end up converting everything to FB2 or MOBI even on the EZ Reader.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote