Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #1
CyberBiker
CyberBiker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Kindle2 just arrived

Howdy all,

Have been a reasonable avid reader for more decades than I want to admit. I have also been a gadget freak since I could pick up a screw driver.

Have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Kindle2. For some reason, lately at least, I have become more of a "second" adopter, waiting for version 2 to arrive. guess I am getting tired of the "bleeding edge" and am opting for just bruises with second generation gadgets of late.

After getting the notice on 2/22 that my kindle had shipped, I think I drove the mail room at work (it's just easier to get stuff there since I am rarely home) nuts until it finally arrived on 2/26.

Waiting for version 2 seems to have been a good idea for me. I am very happy with the form factor, although I do agree with David Pogue that what we really need is a reader with the Sony Panache & design and the Kindle's abilities.

I do wish it had come with some sort of protective envelope to protect it until the cover I ordered gets here in a week or 3.

CB
CyberBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:02 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Enjoy CyberBiker
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2009, 12:06 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi CyberBiker and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle2