Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-04-2008, 09:47 AM   #61
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Still, I suppose there are those who might say "nobody really needs SIX computers", so I'd better shut up about it .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #62
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Still, I suppose there are those who might say "nobody really needs SIX computers", so I'd better shut up about it .
We have an 9 PC home right now (5 people). 3 MP2 Platers, 2 iPod Touches, 2 eBook readers, 1 TiVo and a 20/5 fiber optic internet connection. I don't know how I lived without the internet. Then again, I can do more than one thing on a PC. It's how I make my living.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2008, 10:53 AM   #63
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
3 laptops, 1 Desktop over here. 2 MP3 players (DAP), 1 mini notebook, an e-reader, and my watch is just not able to go on the internet...
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:03 AM   #64
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Gee, the next you know, people will be asking em why I have 7 Tb on my other machine?
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #65
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Gee, the next you know, people will be asking em why I have 7 Tb on my other machine?
why do you .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2008, 05:07 AM   #66
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
why do you .....
For storing this thread, I suppose.

Yeah, didn't stumble across anyone in Germany with an eBook reader either. We're still rather a lone voice in the (electronic) desert.

I still think about taking my Cybook outside, but since I'd like to be left alone when reading, this would be quite counter-productive or I'd rather consider it a showing-off.
Though I do like to show it around when being with someone I know. And until now everyone without exception was impressed by the display. This doesn't mean they would buy one themselves, but at least they could comprehend, why I'd spend so much money on such a device. And that's a start.

And since Germans like things to be explanatory, I just call it "a reading device for electronic texts". Nothing fancy, but it spreads the news appropriatly.

Last edited by K-Thom; 11-06-2008 at 05:09 AM.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:42 AM   #67
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
I think the audience will start picking up E-readers the moment they start selling them for under 200.
You know that article about Esquire's 75 edition? They had a small, seemingly pretty tough plastic e-ink screen.
When they'll have a screen like that, and a simple tab on the bottom with some buttons and battery,that's probably when they'll start selling!

BTW, have you seen how fast this screen refreshes?:

Edit: How do I successfully embed a Youtube video?

Last edited by ProDigit; 11-06-2008 at 09:00 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:49 AM   #68
anahid
Connoisseur
anahid began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 + Kindle 3
I think seeing the thing on television will do the trick, as soon as you see Horatio Caine with an Iphone and an ebook reader people will start to ask...

I've seen on this website that Oprah Winfrey showed the indle on her show, that will help. Eventhough it's not a cybook, the main thing that people grab the concept of ereading.
anahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:31 AM   #69
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Edit: How do I successfully embed a Youtube video?
ProDigit : to embed a youtube video, copy the the second code snippet in the grey box on the youtube page, marked "embed video" (or something like that... it's in french in my youtube page so i don't know exactly). paste this code between the "youtube" tags in your post. if you quote this post, you can see the code to see how i did it.

zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:32 PM   #70
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anahid View Post
I think seeing the thing on television will do the trick, as soon as you see Horatio Caine with an Iphone and an ebook reader people will start to ask...
Riley (the new person) on CSI used what appeared to be an iPhone on the last show I watched.

BOb
Old 11-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #71
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There are also other phones that from that sort of angle can look similar to an iPhone.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #72
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Y'all are not going to believe this, but...

...I was waiting for my lunch order yesterday, reading happily on my Sony, and someone actually stopped and asked me:

"Is that ... um ... like, a really big iPod?"
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #73
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Y'all are not going to believe this, but...

...I was waiting for my lunch order yesterday, reading happily on my Sony, and someone actually stopped and asked me:

"Is that ... um ... like, a really big iPod?"

and what did you tell them ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:48 PM   #74
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post

and what did you tell them ?
No, it's a really small HDTV.

BOb
Old 04-05-2009, 08:34 AM   #75
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Yup, most peaple don't know what an e-reader is.

Though I was quite surprised when someone in the train asked me "oh, is that an e-reader ?" when I was in the train.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote