Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-08-2015, 07:40 PM   #106
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@idoit: Is that on a DXG running 2.5 or 3.x? And which MKK package was that?
DXG 2.5.8 (a few crap in the 3.* so I don't want it till I'm guaranteed it's resolved)
Update_mkk-20141129-dxg-B009_install.bin
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:58 PM   #107
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@idoit: When/where was MKK downloaded? I checked both the current release and snapshots, an the packages *look* fine.

I'll throw one at my k2i, see if I can replicate.

EDIT: Nope, everything fine on my end. Reboot the device and try again? Do it over USBMS if this was done over USBNet (not that it should matter on FW 2.x, but, hey, who knows).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-08-2015 at 08:03 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2015, 08:07 PM   #108
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@idoit: When/where was MKK downloaded? I checked both the current release and snapshots, an the packages *look* fine.

I'll throw one at my k2i, see if I can replicate.

EDIT: Nope, everything fine on my end. Reboot the device and try again? Do it over USBMS if this was done over USBNet (not that it should matter on FW 2.x, but, hey, who knows).
Downloaded just now again. Restarted. USBnet disabled, No luck!
Old 09-08-2015, 10:34 PM   #109
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@idoit: What about other packages?
Old 09-08-2015, 11:25 PM   #110
thatworkshop
hub

Quote:
@idoit: What about other packages?
Ayyyy, tried Update_dummy_0.N_dxg_install.bin and Update_ss_0.47.N_dxg_install.bin and it's still grey!!! Whaaat?!!!

Last edited by thatworkshop; 09-08-2015 at 11:27 PM.
Advert
Old 09-08-2015, 11:31 PM   #111
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@idoit: Yup, that's strange. Check the logs, but I don't remember if this stuff actually does trigger useful logging. Check in debug mode if needed.

What you can also try is running the MKK install manually over SSH, and then see what happens when installing stuff with MRPI.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:44 PM   #112
thatworkshop
hub

Quote:
What you can also try is running the MKK install manually over SSH, and then see what happens when installing stuff with MRPI.
This actually was my first attempt but to no avail, unfortunately. I hope I don't have to do some nasty stuff till it behaves... I'm baffled!!!

And no, I haven't done anything of this sort!

Last edited by thatworkshop; 09-08-2015 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:43 AM   #113
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@idoit: What does the MRPI log say in that case?
Old 09-09-2015, 06:48 PM   #114
thatworkshop
hub

Quote:
Well, NiLuJe, I don't even have KUAL avaiable, so I don't think I can use MRPI!

So this bridge.conf thingy is for non-legacy Kindles, right? I don't have to deal with that.

I analyzed all the logs but no clue what's wrong!
I swear there was a command to trigger updating *.bin files (not otaup)

Last edited by thatworkshop; 09-10-2015 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:10 AM   #115
thatworkshop
hub

Quote:
Not even "Update_jailbreak_0.13.N_dxg_install.bin" makes it not stay gray!

Argh, I don't want to reset to factory settings!
Old 09-10-2015, 11:17 AM   #116
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Your running a custom K3 kernel (and a custom initramfs) - AND - you have made other changes to your DXG to make it look like a K3.
That should be enough to break the 'model locked' update packages.

So repackage the *dxg_install.bin as a 'K3 modle locked' package to match your device changes.

AND
We do have the serial port connections for the DX(G) devices indexed.
Note: it is 3.3 volt, not 1.8 volt.

Last edited by knc1; 09-10-2015 at 11:40 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:36 AM   #117
thatworkshop
hub

Ah, forgot about that! Moderator, please change my username indeed to idiot.
Thanks M.

@NiLuJe: All is OK! My fault this time. Lack of sleep and sanity I guess.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 09-10-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:29 PM   #118
thatworkshop
hub

@knc1: I just came across this gem again... To be honest, the only answer that's sufficient for any scenario whatsoever on MR should be RTFM!

So much amazing pile of knowledge... Kudos people.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 09-12-2015 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:34 AM   #119
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoit View Post
@knc1: I just came across this gem again... To be honest, the only answer that's sufficient for any scenario whatsoever on MR should be RTFM!

So much amazing pile of knowledge... Kudos people.
I think you meant: RTFF
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote