Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-17-2010, 11:07 PM   #1
Mirrorlike
Connoisseur
Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad
Has anyone found a faster pdf reader?

I made a mistake & used the safari pdf reader, & now I can't stand goodreader any more. I'm sure I'll keep it around; I love the wifi transfer & the dark mode. But it's much too slow.

Last edited by Mirrorlike; 04-17-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Mirrorlike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:30 PM   #2
Mirrorlike
Connoisseur
Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Spent some time browsing. I tried Offline pages, but it doesn't save your current spot. Cloudreaders seems to work fine, except it doesn't have folders & bookmarks. I'll try it out for a few days.

appreciate other suggestions.

Last edited by Mirrorlike; 04-17-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:43 AM   #3
tommyleeh
tommyleeh began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, irex 800, nook
iannotate PDF - very fast renderer - fast enough to navigate a document as quickly as safari does webpages including very fluid pinch-zoom etc. At least it's a lot faster than goodreader. You have to pay a few bucks for it though.
tommyleeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:01 AM   #4
Mirrorlike
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyleeh View Post
iannotate PDF - very fast renderer - fast enough to navigate a document as quickly as safari does webpages including very fluid pinch-zoom etc. At least it's a lot faster than goodreader. You have to pay a few bucks for it though.
Hmm does it do bookmarks & does it handle zooming properly as you flip pages? Those are my main complaints from cloudreader.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:39 AM   #5
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
I agree with Tommyleeh about iAnnotatePDF.

Mirrorlike, it handles the zooming properly. Once you've fixed one zoom it remains in all pages until you change it. You can lock the horizontal movement and then you can scroll at the desired zoom without side by side movements.

It allows bookmarks, underline, strikeline, fluorescent fill line (like), free paint, text note, all in any color. Currently I'm designing a own color-coded way of comments. Search, go to page... Annotations are compatible with Adobe.

Document loading is done via PC/MAC server you need to install in your computer.

I think it has a better font rendering than GoodReader, or at least little fonts are viewed smoother than GoodReader.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote