Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 03-04-2008, 01:24 AM   #1
jackhammer
jackhammer began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I need a little help here, silly question prolly..

I have an html ebook that I want to extract the images from.
I havent figured out how to do that.. I have loaded the book into a few diffrent html editors and cant seem to see a way to get the image out of the html file.
I need to find a way to explode the html file, anyone know how to do this ?
thx..
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:54 AM   #2
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I have an html ebook that I want to extract the images from.
I havent figured out how to do that.. I have loaded the book into a few diffrent html editors and cant seem to see a way to get the image out of the html file.
I need to find a way to explode the html file, anyone know how to do this ?
thx..
Try the following:

Simply open the HTML file by double clicking it.

Go to the picture

Right click it and select "save picture as"

Sometimes that does not work, but then you can doe a screen grab
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:09 AM   #3
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
From your description, I am assuming that the ebook in question is contained in a single file? If so, what are you using to read it? It may just be an archive file of some type (zip, rar, arc, etc.) that you can explode with common software.

If you are viewing the ebook in a web browser, then Ortep's suggestion will certainly work.
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:04 AM   #4
jackhammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
Try the following:

Simply open the HTML file by double clicking it.

Go to the picture

Right click it and select "save picture as"

Sometimes that does not work, but then you can doe a screen grab
Boy I feel stupid, That worked like a charm
Old 03-04-2008, 08:10 AM   #5
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Boy I feel stupid, That worked like a charm
If the HTML book is a locally stored file, the images in the book are likely to be in a subdirectory called Images beneath the directory where the book is stored. When the book is displayed, HTML statements will point to the image files to be rendered by your browser. The images won't be embedded in the text. That's not how HTML works.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #6
jackhammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
If the HTML book is a locally stored file, the images in the book are likely to be in a subdirectory called Images beneath the directory where the book is stored. When the book is displayed, HTML statements will point to the image files to be rendered by your browser. The images won't be embedded in the text. That's not how HTML works.
______
Dennis
It is a single html file on my computer there are no sub directory's, and it's not in a zip or anything like that. I have seen html projects like how you describe, an index file,css sheet various other files and the pictures all out and seperate in a folder. This file that I am working on is just a single file. wierd i know but I was able to save the picture out of it for a book cover so all is good.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:32 PM   #7
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
It is a single html file on my computer there are no sub directory's, and it's not in a zip or anything like that. I have seen html projects like how you describe, an index file,css sheet various other files and the pictures all out and seperate in a folder. This file that I am working on is just a single file. wierd i know but I was able to save the picture out of it for a book cover so all is good.

Do you have an internet connection active? Then it is possible that you load the pictures of the net. There should be links in the file pointing to the pictures. Here you can see were they are. Right click on the pictures ans select 'properties'
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:41 AM   #8
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I think it's possible to have the image data embedded in the html file, maybe that's what's happening.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote