Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
qinbill
qinbill began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Dxg
Update Library After Scp Books Without reboot

I use usbnetwork to access my kindle dx. Pretty straight forward.

I could scp my books into my kindle without interrupt my reading.
But every time I scp my books, I need to reboot my kindle. That's a little bit disturbing.

Anyone know any hack or command to update my kindle library without reboot?
qinbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
Ged_uk
Enthusiast
Ged_uk began at the beginning.

Device: K3-3G, HTC HD2
You could try ;debugOn the ~reloadContentRoster see if that does the job.
G
Ged_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Make sure to turn off debug after you're done though. It significantly increases the amount of logging done when you have it enabled.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:54 AM   #4
qinbill

Anyone Know any command line could do that?
Old 09-24-2010, 08:05 AM   #5
odfi
odfi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
I am maybee wrong, but does alt - q (or z) do the trick on kindle dx ?

on kindle k3, it seems to reload the library (but haven't try with usbnetwork scp.. so I am maybee wrong).
odfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 09:32 AM   #6
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
If you want to do it from the command line then you could try killing the Kindle reader process and hopefully it will restart it and not actually reboot the entire Kindle.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #7
Ged_uk
Enthusiast

I imagine from the command line 'framework -restart' should do it but its not quick.
G
Old 09-26-2010, 12:14 AM   #8
qinbill

The book app must be waiting for any event come up to trigger update process. Must be some fake this kind for event by some command.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You could try sending an usbUnconfigured or usbPlugOut event, see if that makes the framework reparse the userstore...

Code:
/usr/bin/lipc-send-event -r 3 com.lab126.hal usbUnconfigured

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-26-2010 at 07:19 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:43 PM   #10
Ged_uk
Enthusiast

I tried usbPlugOut but it didn't seem to have an effect I will give usbConfigured a go.
G
Old 09-27-2010, 04:08 AM   #11
hondamarlboro
Enthusiast
hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle2, Kindle3, Kindle4, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
How about this one? Hit the following command on terminal.

% dbus-send --system /default com.lab126.powerd.resuming int32:1

I can do update the contents on home screen of K3-Wifi even if I add some files into documents directory without usb drive mode.
hondamarlboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:49 AM   #12
Tvangeste
Enthusiast
Tvangeste began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
@hondamarlboro

Thanks, man! That did the trick.
Tvangeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #13
qinbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondamarlboro View Post
How about this one? Hit the following command on terminal.

% dbus-send --system /default com.lab126.powerd.resuming int32:1

I can do update the contents on home screen of K3-Wifi even if I add some files into documents directory without usb drive mode.

It works on my kindle dxg. Thanks.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:50 AM   #14
ryran
Connoisseur
ryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3G
Question

I know this is an ollld thread, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with the same kind of thing, but for the music folder & builtin music app? (Neither the usual dbus-send nor the usbUnconfigured/usbPlugOut make a difference.)

EDIT: I worked around this issue by ditching the stock player for fbdev's awesome kinamp (frontend/gui for mplayer). I would have used straight mplayer from this thread sooner, but it has steady 50% cpu usage on my Kindle, whereas the mplayer fbdev compiled tends to use ~9%, similiar to the built-in player.

Last edited by ryran; 08-20-2011 at 12:41 PM.
ryran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #15
z0mtec
z0mtec began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 2
How can i rescan with Launchpad?
z0mtec is offline   Reply With Quote