Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
non-leather kindle cover

hi. i have had hints that a kindle 3 will be in my stocking this christmas, so i've been looking for something to protect it and make it booklike to read.

i'm okay with a slip in cover or other - what's important to me is that i can hold my kindle by the cover so i can read it like a paperback and that the cover is fairly protective and not leather. i found a couple in threads, but am wondering if you have any that you particularly recommend.

i found this one on ebay from one of the threads i read

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_4153wt_1151

but was concerned whether a "thinner and lighter design" meant not very protective. also checked out dodo cases - way cool, but not sure i need a $50 cover unless it's truly awesome.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #2
CyberpunkDad
Neuromancer Fanboi
CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 / 3G
Case decisions are really hard these days when the price of the Kindle is so much more affordable. At $15 bux you won't feel bad at least if you don't like it.
CyberpunkDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Try either a CoverUp brand cover - faux leather - or Tuf Luv's hemp cover. Both available in book style format and flip covers. The Tuf Luv ones are the pricier of the two but do have a velcro tab at the top so the device can't fall out if it gets tipped over. They are usually a tight fit anyway but a good feature.

I had a CoverUp cover with my Kindle 2, which came with it as I bought it used, and it was good quality for the price. The front part was nice and robust over the screen.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
searched google for CoverUp, not finding it.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

ah - assuming you are based in USA or something (doesn't say in your signature) - I can only find them on Amazon UK - which is fairly unusual as there is usually a better selection of accessories on the US site.
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #6
suecsi
Rock Chick

The new CoverUp cases do seem to be leather as well this time unfortunately. Tuff Luv do 'veggie' cases - one of which I bought but I didn't like the stand mechanism - the front flipped down at the bottom instead of over the top and I couldn't get my head round that for some reason.

Try the Tuff Luv Hemp cover - these are really nice.