Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
De-authorizing w/Sony Reader software??

As a result of work done by the Sony Repair team, my 505 had to be re-authorized with the Sony Reader software thereby effectively creating a new ereader.

Does anyone know how to remove the authorization for the prior setup for this 505? The only option beside it is <rename>. I want to remove it.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:07 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Have Sony Support remove it. Just give them a call and they can do it. The only way to de-authorize is when the device is connected, but you can no longer connect it due to the repairs causing it to take on a new identity (so to speak).
Advert