Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-19-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
vadim_k
vadim_k began at the beginning.

Device: none
Problem with convert fb2 to rtf

Hello!
I have many e-books in fb2 format (russian language). I must convert this format to epub, but text of this e-books formatted very bad. Therefore at first i want to convert fb2 to rtf and make better its content in MS Word (TOC, footnote, header styles etc.). After then i want to convert this rtf-files to epub. But... fb2 to rtf converting successfully only for latinic fonts in fb2 files, all cyrillic font characters convert to "?" character only. Converting fb2 to epub directly in this case is OK. Converting epub to rtf have this problem also (only for cyrillic fonts!!!).

Please, help me. Excuse me for my bad english.
Vadim
vadim_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre's RTF output does not support non english characters. You can edit the EPUB file directly, using for example Sigil, an EPUB editor.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert