Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
lornaw
lornaw began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Can my Kobo Touch read Graphic Novels?

Hello,
I am a Newbie to posting a question. Does anyone know if my Kobo Touch is able to read Graphic Novels? And if it is possible, what format would I be looking for? I recently saw that there are graphic novels out there. I think I may be behind on the trend on these novels.
I understand the the KT can read comic book format - CBZ and CBR. (I have not bought any yet)
I have not taken the jump for the Kobo Vox, as I have been hearing about so many problems with it.
Any help or direction on this would be greatly appreciated and Thank you!!
lornaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
As you say, the Kobo Touch does support the CBZ and CBR formats, but it's not well-suited for reading graphic novels because scrolling around the page is slow and awkward. The Touch is really best as a plain-text reader.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
lornaw

Thanks for your reply. I think my best bet would be to upgrade my reader in the near future, to a colour e-reader or a tablet.

Last edited by lornaw; 06-12-2012 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Adding more to my reply
Old 06-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #4
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Writing that you already own a Kobo Touch reader, why don't you download one or more of these graphic novels then judge if your KT is good enough for this use. Then tell us results of your experience. Another review is always appreciated.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:37 AM   #5
d.culloch
Derek
d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.

Device: touch
I have a vox and touch and when I buy a graphic novel for the vox it does not download to the touches library as the touch cannot display graphic novels. If you try to down load a graphic novel using a touch you are told these novels are only for the vox.
d.culloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #6
lornaw

Thanks, for confirming that d.culloch. I kind of already thought that was the case but was not 100% sure. There are some crazy new technologies coming out with e-readers, so I will wait to see what releases will be made to the consumer market in the future.