Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #16
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
Yes, they haven't "advertised" the changes, so I cannot guarantee that you will receive a "new" one.

You might want to ask Bookeen explicitly, before sending your broken device back to them.
That is interesting. Maybe I try and see if I can get a new one at a reduced price if I send in the old broken one. Never know they might be willing to work something out - or just be nice and honor it under waranty even though I tore it all up to see what happened.

Thanks AlPe
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #17
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
That is interesting. Maybe I try and see if I can get a new one at a reduced price if I send in the old broken one. Never know they might be willing to work something out - or just be nice and honor it under waranty even though I tore it all up to see what happened.

Thanks AlPe
If you do, let us know what happens.
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #18
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Yeah, I'm interested to know what I can do to receive a new-iteration Odyssey, since I was very happy with mine except that the power switch basically doesn't work.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:17 AM   #19
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
I guess you must ask Bookeen explicitly (and wait for their reply, if any).
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #20
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
I guess you must ask Bookeen explicitly (and wait for their reply, if any).
I did just that!

I will let you know when or if a reply appears.
Advert
Old 05-22-2012, 11:06 PM   #21
crochetgeek2010
Enthusiast
crochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I am very glad I found this thread. I too have done this to my Odyssey. It is currently in route to Paris via USPS (us postal service). I figured the IT geek had killed it. I am hoping I may have it or a replacement by 4th of July. :-) My only saving grace is by default I used my microsd for all of my ebooks so I could just swap ereaders.

I have gotten spoiled with using Calibre to send books to it vs manually adding them to my opus. That and I like the Odyssey display better.

I want my toy back! I knew the sending back to Paris was possibility if I got the Odyssey. I still not found a e-reader I like here in the US.

Done grumbling back to hunting for Calibre solution!

Laura
crochetgeek2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #22
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker

Just got a reply from Bookeen: all Cybooks sold in the store now do have the revised power switch.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #23
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Thanks for sharing their reply.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:10 AM   #24
v12
v12 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
Just got a reply from Bookeen: all Cybooks sold in the store now do have the revised power switch.
thanks!

what about usb connector...?
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #25
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker

I didn't ask about that. I mean, I'd assume they fixed them both at the same time if it was a recognized problem, but I don't actually know.

I would say I'd let you know when my new Odyssey arrives, but honestly I'm not sure if I'd be able to tell without opening the thing up, which I do not wish to do.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:52 AM   #26
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
I didn't ask about that. I mean, I'd assume they fixed them both at the same time if it was a recognized problem, but I don't actually know.
Yeap, that was changed too.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #27
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker

Well, it's arrived, and yeah, the USB connector looks to be fixed as well.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #28
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Lucky you
I didn't get one of the new ones. Well, I guess it work.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #29
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
How do you see if you have a new model? I ordered the Swedish Adlibris Letto which is an Oddysey and I will get it tomorrow. It would be nice to know if I have a model with potential trouble or not.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #30
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
The Letto, even if they look the same seems to have a different version of the firmware and I suspect it's the v2 hardware
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote