Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 11:59 PM   #1
bcal
bcal began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350
Getting .acsm downloaded from Google to PRS-350

Hey everyone, I'm having problems getting files purchases from the google ebookstore to my new PRS-350 which I am otherwise enjoying. I download .acsm from google, but the sony software will not recognize them at all. When I go to import file it says in the status menu that it does not download them. When I click on the file an error message pops up and says that that there was an error in dowloading(-2999).

I can't seem to get .acsm file into EBL. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.
bcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:19 AM   #2
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
Hi bcal

Do you have Adobe Digital Editions downloaded? .acsm files require opening in ADE first. Once you have ADE installed and registered, and registered your device to ADE, you should be able to open the .acsm file. It will open in ADE, then go to the library view and you should be able to drag and drop from ADE to your reader. Your reader should appear as another folder in ADE. Hope this makes sense.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 03:48 AM   #3
Fastolfe
Bookworm
Fastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Sony PRS-650
You don't have to stand for that. You paid for the book, so archive the copy-protected file to prove it, and download a clear-text version that surely floats out there on the net. You life will be a lot easier.
Fastolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:48 AM   #4
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
The .acsm file isn't your e-book, it's more like a ticket to download a DRM-protected e-book. You can use Adobe Digital Editions to "redeem" the ticket, or simply use Sony Reader Library (the only Sony-compatible option if you're on a Mac).

If you already have the software installed and authorized, just double-click the .acsm file. If you're prompted to choose a program to use to open it, choose "Reader Library". The e-book will then download and be ready to transfer to your Sony Reader.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:16 PM   #5
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Before opening the file make sure the EBL is registered to Adobe. This is done by creating an Adobe ID and password.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert