Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 06-14-2012, 03:55 AM   #1
higlider
higlider began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre2OPDS Tags Catalog

When using downloaded metadata tags, they are often over-specific, yet still useful if you can browse the tags--but the Tags Catalog is divided by letter of the alphabet which prohibits browsing. I have found no setting that will just list the tags and page them. Since I don't know what tags have been assigned by someone else, I have no idea which letter I want to start with. I have been able to supress dividing All Books by alphabet, and preventing Authors from being divided by alphabet. But Tags seems to be a different beast. I would like to see pages of sequential alphabetized tags not broken up by alphabet letter, but having a navigational aid of the page number so one can browse, but also skip pages.

On a different issue, I have never gotten Search to do anything, does it actually do search? Thanks.
higlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by higlider View Post
When using downloaded metadata tags, they are often over-specific, yet still useful if you can browse the tags--but the Tags Catalog is divided by letter of the alphabet which prohibits browsing. I have found no setting that will just list the tags and page them. Since I don't know what tags have been assigned by someone else, I have no idea which letter I want to start with. I have been able to supress dividing All Books by alphabet, and preventing Authors from being divided by alphabet. But Tags seems to be a different beast. I would like to see pages of sequential alphabetized tags not broken up by alphabet letter, but having a navigational aid of the page number so one can browse, but also skip pages.
In the Tags browser, right click on the "Tags" entry and select "Change sub-categorization scheme" and then select "Disable". That will get rid of the single letter categories. But, I don't think you can do the other thing.

Quote:
On a different issue, I have never gotten Search to do anything, does it actually do search? Thanks.
Search works fine here. If I type something in the search field and press enter, it finds what I search for. If you want some examples of how to search for something else, select one or more entries in the tag browser and have a look at what is put into the search field.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:46 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Davidfor: The OP was talking about a Calibre2Opds catalog, while you are describing Calibre behaviour.

If you are not a Calibre2Opds user I can understand the mistake, but just thought I should clear it up before things get even more confusing
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:11 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Davidfor: The OP was talking about a Calibre2Opds catalog, while you are describing Calibre behaviour.
So he was and so I was.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:32 AM   #5
rtype
Enthusiast
rtype doesn't litterrtype doesn't litterrtype doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by higlider View Post

On a different issue, I have never gotten Search to do anything, does it actually do search? .
Which browser are you using ? The search only works in chrome/safari.
rtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:46 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
So he was and so I was.
Well you appeared to be talking about using the Calibre tag browser to disable the Calibre2Opds split-by-letter functionality (if you want to disable that you do it in the Calibre2Opds settings). That made me think you were talking about Calibre
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote