Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 04-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #1
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
alternate login method?

I can browse the forums using NetFront on my TH55, but when I try to log in, the entry field will not accept my inputs for username (password works fine). Is there some alternate login screen I can access that might be more compatible with the browser on my handheld?
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Oooh. That's a good one ....

Does the browser have emulation modes? That might help.

Alex is probably the best one to answer that, and he's traveling or about to be.

I do know that he's got a mobile version of MobileRead in the works (we keep bugging him for it), but I don't know where that project is. The new forum upgrade kinda set everything back for a bit.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I managed to log in just yesterday, using my Kindle --- but it was rather painful.....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #4
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
I just discovered the switch that allows you to change to a mobile version of the website. I wonder if you'd have a better chance at logging in to the mobile version.....

To select the mobile version of the website, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and you'll see a box with the word "Fixed" in it and an arrow to the right. Tap the arrow and select "Mobi"

Last edited by ProfJulie; 04-17-2008 at 07:02 PM.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:01 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Careful with that, it's hard to switch it back, and it's not really a mobile version, per se, but rather a way to display the contents of the regular forum. I also think you'd only see the difference after logging in, so it probably wouldn't help much.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2008, 07:07 PM   #6
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
To switch back to the regular version, you have to log out and then log back in. (I made that mistake on my computer). But I think I will prefer the mobile version on my handheld.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:40 PM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Oops. Mobi wasn't even supposed to be there (yet). It's under development and I would not recommend using it for a little while longer...
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:21 PM   #8
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The mobi flag worked! Thanks! I am posting thls from my TH55.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:31 PM   #9
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
The mobi flag worked! Thanks! I am posting thls from my TH55.
Using 802.11b protocol and NetFront v3.1, I take it.

I abandoned my TH55 once I got 802.11g wireless with WPA encryption set up; could never 'downgrade' to 802.11b therein.

Are you using any tricks to make your connection work better?
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:05 PM   #10
curtw
Outside of a dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Using 802.11b protocol and NetFront v3.1, I take it.
Yep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Are you using any tricks to make your connection work better?
No tricks, I just mostly visit graphic-light sites. The toughest site I regularly visit is my company's Outlook webmail. It's fun to control iTunes, using the PDA as a super remote control.

I have to keep my home router b-compatible for my son's Wii and our TiVo, so I'm not just downgrading network speed for the sake of the Clie.