Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #1
MyNameIsMrBurns
MyNameIsMrBurns began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch Reader
Is there any collection-managing software for Paperwhite yet?

Last time I checked, none of the software that managed collections supported the Paperwhite. Has that changed at all? Kindlean says that it does, but I haven't been able to get that program to work.
MyNameIsMrBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
On the device:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186305

Collections Manager
Version 2.3.6

Are you looking for something to manage this on the PC?
That would be Calibre, I believe they plug into each other to facilitate simplified "both-side" management, it's not something I "do" however, so that part is anecdotal.
One would need https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1760 I belive to do that part...

Hope that helps

Last edited by twobob; 04-02-2013 at 09:28 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2013, 05:25 AM   #3
elvisbrown
elvisbrown began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindlean now works with the Paperwhite running Kindle 5.3.4.

I just used it to finally import books and create collections.

It has changed in that you have to use the Kindlean Agent that now resides on the Kindle itself. It's a bit clunky but you do not have to reboot the device after making changes.

It is by far the easiest program I have found and I had all but given up on it as being dead when by chance I read in another forum that it has now come back from the dead.

Add an EPUB book and it is converted to MOBI on the fly.
elvisbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
On the device:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186305

Collections Manager
Version 2.3.6

Are you looking for something to manage this on the PC?
That would be Calibre, I believe they plug into each other to facilitate simplified "both-side" management, it's not something I "do" however, so that part is anecdotal.
One would need https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1760 I belive to do that part...

Hope that helps
Yes, that is an accurate description. I use Collections Manager with the Calibre plugin a lot and am very happy.

Kindlean, if I remember properly, is not free, or at least not for managing more than a certain amount (100 was it?) books. I might be confusing it with another app, but i don't think so.

Last edited by aceflor; 04-08-2013 at 02:21 PM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #5
LadyLou
Enthusiast
LadyLou doesn't litterLadyLou doesn't litter

Device: Sony Touch
Just written an in depth quest for help on this, said I did not have 'permission' to post, although I was signed in, refreshed signed in and lost my long post!!

Not having a good day.

So briefly, created collections on new Paperwhite from Calibre, came here, read above, tried Kindlean which just does absolutely nothing but sit on my computer, no instructions, nothing works.

I just need my collections (series) in some kind of order of reading.

Any help please
LadyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Do you simply mean you want to see the series in the menu list?

For example:

Book Title
Author - Series name - series number

is how I have mine set up. That has nothing to do with collections (which I use also).

So I can go into an author collection I have set up, and within the collection my books are listed (usually) in series order).

ex:

Liquid Heat
Viola Grace - Elymyntyl - 01

Earth and Ayr
Viola Grace - Elymyntyl - 02

etc
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #7
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
I'm new to Kindlean. I only know what I've read on their site.

So, can someone tell me what's the advantage of Kindlean compared to Calibre? Are there any features that Kindlean supports that Calibre lacks?

I'm only asking out of curiosity. I'm happy with Calibre, but it's always worth knowing about alternatives.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #8
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
WTF? That Kindlean agent is actually a rip-off of my Paperwhite jailbreak. They never asked, they don't give any credit. But I assume that they do make money. A******s.

Oh, and it's the same for the Kindle Touch "agent" stuff. I assume that it uses one of the earlier data.tar.gz jailbreak methods (it involves the diagnostics mode).

Last edited by ixtab; 04-11-2013 at 01:05 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #9
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
It's ALL about the money man.

And you wonder why I don't respect hardly ANYONE in the world.
Proven over and over again that thieves and idiots prosper.

FWIW I would happily kick them in the head for you.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #10
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
WTF? That Kindlean agent is actually a rip-off of my Paperwhite jailbreak. They never asked, they don't give any credit. But I assume that they do make money. A******s.
Credit? Credit is for people who have, you know, ethics.

(As for having people ask you anything, or do anything but complain -- I was shocked and amazed a year or so back when I got, not a bug report, but a thank-you for something I wrote from an actual grateful real-life user. You do get them, but it's rare.)

(btw, thank you from a mere user who now finds using a Kindle without the JBPatch hyphenation patch to be akin to sticking needles in his eyes. You've ruined me for unhyphenated e-readers, damn you! :} )
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote