Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
jholanda
jholanda began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
which spanish dictionary

My first ebook reader, kindle 2, is arriving tomorrow :-) and I'm making my list of purchases. I want a good spanish dictionary (monolingual) so that I can practice my spanish reading Borges and other latin american writers - maybe some day even Cervantes.

So far I've narrowed my preferences to these:
- Diccionario de la Lengua Española de la Real Academia Española

- DICCIONARIO GENERAL DE LA LENGUA ESPAÑOLA VOX

I'd appreciate some suggestions.
jholanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:57 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Well, of course "Diccionario de la Lengua Española de la Real Academia" is the best. "La Real Academia" is the reference for the Spanish language. I've the paper edition and it's very, very good. I would recommend that. By the way, perhaps you've some "small" problems con Borges that you can't resolve with VOX. I haven't read him, but I suspect he will use words from Argentina or even slang. I think you'll find better at the first one.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #3
jholanda

thank you terisa. I know "La Real Academia" is THE reference but I wonder if it works as well in kindle as I've heard vox does.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:23 AM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I can't help you there, I don't have a Kindle. However, I know people who are using it and they're happy with it.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:44 PM   #5
jholanda

Thank you :-)
Old 01-24-2010, 04:11 PM   #6
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I have the "Diccionario de la Lengua Española de la Real Academia", it's very good, unsure as to how well it stands against the other.

I'm currently learning spanish so it comes in very handy!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #7
jholanda

thanks for the feedback. reading in other languages was my main objective when I decided to buy this kindle: looking up words in dictionary is so much easier :-)