Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-10-2007, 08:17 PM   #46
bedwere
Enthusiast
bedwere began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Does ipdf work with the pdfs from Google Books ?
bedwere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:38 PM   #47
yunhaid
Enthusiast
yunhaid doesn't litteryunhaid doesn't litter

hi, soctt.
i used your code in translate mono8 to mono4, in fact, i want to translate mono8 to mono2, how can i modify this code? thank you.

{
// Get Mono 8 pixel and add error distribution
origGrey = *p + errorRight + errors[x+1];

// Convert pixel to Mono 4, clip < 0 and > Mono 4
if (origGrey <= 0) {
grey = 0;
} else if (origGrey >= 0x00ff) {
grey = 0x00ff; // No error for white of 255
} else {
grey = origGrey & 0x00f0;
}

// Put Mono 4 pixel with distributed error back
*p = grey;

// Calculate error
error = origGrey - grey;

// Distribute error
errorRight = (error * 7) >> 4;
errors[x] += (error * 3) >> 4;
errors[x+1] = ((error * 5) >> 4) + errDownRight;
errDownRight = error >> 4;
}
yunhaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2007, 12:49 AM   #48
vranghel
Addict
vranghel began at the beginning.

Device: Proud Iliad owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunhaid
hi, soctt.
i used your code in translate mono8 to mono4, in fact, i want to translate mono8 to mono2, how can i modify this code? thank you.

{
// Get Mono 8 pixel and add error distribution
origGrey = *p + errorRight + errors[x+1];

// Convert pixel to Mono 4, clip < 0 and > Mono 4
if (origGrey <= 0) {
grey = 0;
} else if (origGrey >= 0x00ff) {
grey = 0x00ff; // No error for white of 255
} else {
grey = origGrey & 0x00f0;
}

// Put Mono 4 pixel with distributed error back
*p = grey;

// Calculate error
error = origGrey - grey;

// Distribute error
errorRight = (error * 7) >> 4;
errors[x] += (error * 3) >> 4;
errors[x+1] = ((error * 5) >> 4) + errDownRight;
errDownRight = error >> 4;
}

Unfortunately Scotty has ceased all development to the iLiad due to several hardware malfunctions.
vranghel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:56 PM   #49
BACbKA
мокрец
BACbKA began at the beginning.

Device: palm, iliad
port to desktop linux

is there a port of the irex pdf viewer to linux (that is, w/o running it in a vnc session through the Antarctica's toolchain)? I just wanted something that would allow to view the PDF+IRX together w/o actually merging the scribbles into the PDF.
BACbKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 02:34 AM   #50
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACbKA
is there a port of the irex pdf viewer to linux (that is, w/o running it in a vnc session through the Antarctica's toolchain)? I just wanted something that would allow to view the PDF+IRX together w/o actually merging the scribbles into the PDF.
The problem is that AFAIK iRex has not released the code for libscribble.so , so there is no way to do the port (no sources for the dependencies of ipdf). That's not compliant with the GPL of libpoppler (the pdf rendering library that iRex is using in ipdf), but they still have to publish a great bunch of the code affected by the GPL...

They have promised to do so, but it seems that they want to clean the sources before releasing them and the iRex developpers are only focused on the fix-the-firmware part, not in nvesting resources in the release-the-sources part..

Someone mentioned that FSFe contacted iRex to remind them of their obligations, but I don't know the status of that.

[START OF RANT]
Actually, we need two things to be able to form a community of developpers:
1. To be able to flash the iliad if we brick it (they are investigating it)
2. The rest of the sources affected by the gpl

Although for what yoy need. part (2) would be sufficient. Specifically, we would need the patch to the kernel sources so as to know the new functionality they have added to /dev/fbdev and the libscribble sources. Liberbusy and the rest would be nice to have, but not essential to make a port of ipdf to the PC (we could just comment the relevant source lines in ipdf).

So, waiting for iRex...
[END OF RANT]
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2007, 05:46 AM   #51
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartica
They have promised to do so, but it seems that they want to clean the sources before releasing them and the iRex developpers are only focused on the fix-the-firmware part, not in nvesting resources in the release-the-sources part..
Dunno about you but it looks like the Irex developers are more focused on increasing the Iliads use, and adding features...

I'd also question how useful having all the GPL'd is going to be... Most of the actual code that does the work is going to be Irex proprietary code...
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:53 AM   #52
BACbKA
мокрец
BACbKA began at the beginning.

Device: palm, iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jęd
I'd also question how useful having all the GPL'd is going to be... Most of the actual code that does the work is going to be Irex proprietary code...
Very useful, as in, not breaching the license of code they redistribute. For me, it means I'll be able to recommend the device to tens of my friends, whom I can't recommend it now.
BACbKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #53
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
In spite we have Antartica's wonderful "xepdmgr", I've always wanted to figure how how screen refresh on iLiad is managed. I thought I just figured out its rough picture and I found this thread.
Yes, I know it's an old thread, and most people won't even notice it since ipdf viewer is quite stable since FW2.11.
I post here just because I didn't know the framebuffer refresh mechanism of ipdf was developed by Scotty only after read the whole thread.
Although Scotty has abandoned his iLiad, I think what he had done is really amazing.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:14 AM   #54
Fermthe
Connoisseur
Fermthe began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-500/Iliad v2
ipdf8

Thanks very much for the great work scotty1024. May i ask which is the best way to install ipdf 8, sould i uninstall the old one first ?
Fermthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:56 AM   #55
Fermthe
Connoisseur
Fermthe began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-500/Iliad v2
ipdf8

I downloaded the latest from yokos and it seems its not working with 2.12 firmware ?
Fermthe is offline   Reply With Quote