Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #76
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
@ Morris003: Interesting! Is this a novel you're working on?
I wouldn't mimd reading all of this, when it's released as a book.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #77
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
@ Morris003: Interesting! Is this a novel you're working on?
Yes, this is part of my book, Tales of the Ragoon. I'm trying to write these stores simultaneously. There are about ten of them in the book, and each one is about a couple who are dealing with the laws imposed by the Ragoon. There's no John Norman here. As you can see, I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy.
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #78
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by morriss003 View Post
Yes, this is part of my book, Tales of the Ragoon.
This sounds interesting.

I just became curious enough to google-search your avatar book...

Description/Excerpt

A group of teenaged campers are stranded in the high Sierra Nevada mountains by a mysterious fog that covers the world below them. They struggle to build a new world. Warning: Sexual situations, cursing, violence

http://www.feedbooks.com/userbook/3825

Also, here on MR https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=morris

You should put the information in your signature as a gentle reminder (to those of us who pop in) to check out your book (especially, since you have graciously given it to us.. Have you set up a website or blog?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:23 PM   #79
sigrosenblum
sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle and Mobipocket
I'm working on several things--as I always do--at the same time. But mostly finishing up a view of the so-called Interwar Years from 1918-1939. It's titled "From War to War"--and it's a big book--about 80 pages of endnotes. Just finished two chapters on the Tsars and paranoid Stalin. Now patching together the early years of one A. Hitler. And then, it's the usual fine sandpapering before publication.

But you can see some coming attractions at my site: http://sigrosenblum.7p.com/

Thanks for looking!

Sig
sigrosenblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:43 PM   #80
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigrosenblum View Post
But you can see some coming attractions at my site: http://sigrosenblum.7p.com/

Thanks for looking!

Sig
Sig, the link in the above is not formed correctly. If you EDIT the post you'll see it links to "URL="http://http://sigrosenblum.7p.com/"" (note the doubling of "http://") at the moment, and you can alter it. For everyone else:

http://sigrosenblum.7p.com/

Also, our authors here often put a link to their website in their signatures - it's a little bit of harmless self-promotion for yourself that a lot of readers here appreciate.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 11:33 PM   #81
MV64
Addict
MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I suffer from an overactive imagination. I have notes for somewhere around 30 books that I need to get written, many of them nonfiction that will require extensive researching and time.

Fiction-wise, however, I've been working for years to finish this one story. It's terribly written and a lot of really horrible logic flaws. I've been struggling with ways to make it "work" for a long time, and today I hit a breakthrough that will require me to basically rewrite everything. My goal, however, is to just keep working on the flawed premise to at least finish it, and then use it as a framework. I figure I'll spend many more years working on it. It'll be my magnum opus someday.

My non-fiction list of books is growing too fast. This summer I intend to write a local history if I can, then move on to writing either a presidential biography or another statesmen biography. Oh, and I have plenty of military histories I intend to write.

Someday...
MV64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:36 PM   #82
MV64
Addict
MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Oh, and Sig, I'm always excited to find someone who writes history. It's rare to find people online. And hey, at least you've completed some books. Mine are still embryonic, other than papers I've written for classes (which are great for inspiration).
MV64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:57 AM   #83
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Surviving the Fog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post

You should put the information in your signature as a gentle reminder (to those of us who pop in) to check out your book (especially, since you have graciously given it to us..
Thanks. I have read references to this, but I don't know what it means. I just figured out how to do a signature.

I do have a website. It's

http://sites.google.com/site/stansfreeebooks/Home
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:55 AM   #84
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morriss003 View Post
Thanks. I have read references to this, but I don't know what it means. I just figured out how to do a signature.

I do have a website. It's

http://sites.google.com/site/stansfreeebooks/Home
I'm still figuring stuff out on the forum also. You can add your website link to the place where you put your signature along with book title etc. Check out what the other mobileread authors have done, see if you like something, and ask them how they did it...
Old 03-20-2009, 03:25 PM   #85
sigrosenblum
sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I always work on several books at the same time. That seems to help. When there's a snag, I just shift gears and move to something else. Right now I am:

1. Finishing up my magnum opus, "From War to War." It takes the reader step by horrific step from 1918 to WWII.

2. Filling a notebook with snippets, scenes and plot complexities for another Bert Feld Mystery, "Death has a Point." This time the locale is the little-known land of Fristalia.

3. Editing my new biography of Winston Churchill, "Larger than Life."

4. Pouring ideas into another notebook for "Muder in Munich 1938." Here, German detective Ernst Buhl bucks Hitler himself to solve an outrageous crime.

For more details, including quite a few first chapters, see my book site:

Thanks for looking!

Sig

Last edited by sigrosenblum; 03-20-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #86
sigrosenblum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV64 View Post
Oh, and Sig, I'm always excited to find someone who writes history. It's rare to find people online. And hey, at least you've completed some books. Mine are still embryonic, other than papers I've written for classes (which are great for inspiration).
Take a closer look and check my updated site. It might spur you to--as Churchill said--actually hatch those eggs!

Good luck.

Sig
Old 03-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #87
sigrosenblum

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Sig, the link in the above is not formed correctly. If you EDIT the post you'll see it links to "URL="http://http://sigrosenblum.7p.com/"" (note the doubling of "http://") at the moment, and you can alter it. For everyone else:

Also, our authors here often put a link to their website in their signatures - it's a little bit of harmless self-promotion for yourself that a lot of readers here appreciate.

Cheers,
Marc
Don't remember if I thanked you, so thanks for helping me out. I hope I am doing it right this time!

Sig
Old 03-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #88
dreams
It's about the umbrella

@ sigrosenblum

Sig, go to the top of the page above your welcome sigrosenblum.....

Click "Quick Links"

On the drop-down menu.... Click "Edit Signature"

Scroll down the page, on the right side, and add what you would like to always have on your page as your post signature.

Now you won't have to type it every time. Hope this helps.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:42 AM   #89
sigrosenblum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
@ sigrosenblum

Sig, go to the top of the page above your welcome sigrosenblum.....

Click "Quick Links"

On the drop-down menu.... Click "Edit Signature"

Scroll down the page, on the right side, and add what you would like to always have on your page as your post signature.

Now you won't have to type it every time. Hope this helps.
How did you know that I was typing it in? Thanks for the tip. Excellent. If I can make it work. This will be a test.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:06 AM   #90
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigrosenblum View Post
How did you know that I was typing it in? Thanks for the tip. Excellent. If I can make it work. This will be a test.
It works. Now, just give us a little blurb about your books with the website signature.

Next, is there any way you can offer your books in other formats? Many people don't have Kindles and haven't ventured into conversion yet