Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
MaxPowerITA
MaxPowerITA began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
[Kindle Touch] No Image viewer and pdf viewer with white margins

Hi to all, I have registered to the forum because I'm a new entry in the Kindle world and I'm already disappointed.
Yesterday I have received the Kindle Touch and I've discovered (my fault not having investigated better before buying it) that only in this model the Image viewer have been removed: the only way to view comics is to convert them in pdf or mobi files. So I have downloaded e-nki and I've saved my first pdf: when I opened it in the Kindle I realize that there are white margins above and below the page making it smaller and difficult to read the baloons.

Hoping that the recent jailbreak will get back the image viewer is there any app that will show the pdf at full screen or any possible hack for the default app to remove the white margins?

many thanks to who will reply and happy new year
MaxPowerITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
nerduban
nerduban began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch 5.1
I'm also looking for a way to minimize margins, but couldn't find a solution yet. It seems possible, since it always shows full screen advertisements...
nerduban is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
nerduban

With 5.1, Amazon included a full screen image viewer, at last...
Old 04-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
wolftail
Connoisseur
wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!

Device: Kindle Touch
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerduban View Post
With 5.1, Amazon included a full screen image viewer, at last...
Can you please tell me how to open /use this image viewer. I can't find info on the net about it.
wolftail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftail View Post
Can you please tell me how to open /use this image viewer. I can't find info on the net about it.
Put some pictures in /mnt/us/images/ and run this in your ssh terminal:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.appmgrd start app://com.lab126.booklet.imageviewer
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
Put some pictures in /mnt/us/images/ and run this in your ssh terminal:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.appmgrd start app://com.lab126.booklet.imageviewer
or use a launcher entry like this
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:06 AM   #7
nerduban

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftail View Post
Here it is :

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=115

Moreover, after creating the images directory, you should have an images link at the main menu of the device, which will also launch this image viewer.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:27 AM   #8
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Good morning!
I tried this image viewer, but I have two questions:
- is there a way of changing image without going back to the image list?
- is there a way of removing the "images" collection in kindle home?
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote