Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-28-2007, 05:27 AM   #1
real_yoni
real_yoni began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader
Battery Time

Hi,

I'm considering buying a new device (The Sony got lost :-( ), I did some reading regarding iLiad and it seems to have issues with the battery....

So I would really like to know how much reading time between recharges the iliad can provide (The new V2 device)?

Thanks,
Yoni.
real_yoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:33 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
My v1 iLiad gives me about 10h reading time - I read for a couple of hours a day and recharge perhaps every 3-4 days, when the battery meter hits about 1/4. The v2 has a battery with 20% more capacity. If you use WiFi or the touch screen a lot, you'll get lower life (eg if you constantly use the annotation feature, it'll probably go down to about 6h).

The only "problem" with battery life is that iRex originally stated a battery life of 20h, and it's never reached that. Personally I find the battery life to be more than adequate.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2007, 03:52 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The only "problem" with battery life is that iRex originally stated a battery life of 20h, and it's never reached that. Personally I find the battery life to be more than adequate.
if you find the battery life more then adequate, why are you ordering a Cybook Gen3 when the iLiad is also able to read Mobi format?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:12 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I find the battery life good for reading at home, but the smaller size and longer battery life of the Gen3 will be very handy for my frequent business trips. That, plus the fact that I can afford to buy it and I just LOVE new gadgets .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:49 AM   #5
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I agree with HarryT, and I use the annotation feature frequently. Very rarely has battery life been a problem in normal use. (It doesn't bother me to plug it in at night.)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2007, 10:18 AM   #6
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
I have the V2 and guess I am getting around 12 to 14 hours. Enough that it is not an issue for me.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:51 PM   #7
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
Then as I suspected I'm having trouble with my iLiad V2.
and there is no way I'm getting 10h, not even 8h. (that is of course w/o stylus or wifi)

I should be getting 15h, I would be happy with 13h. But no.

After my iLiad went home for repairs. (after just 45 minutes of use), guess what, the serial of the iLiad that came back indicates V1, even more mobipocket PID changed.

Time for my little iLiad to go back to Germany.
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:23 PM   #8
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
You can easily tell, if you have a V2. It states on the back label, the button on the upper right has an @ on it and in the settings it should state model 140 something.

And if you get half of the battery time that is to be expected, it seems like you have one faulty battery.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:52 PM   #9
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Nice topic. I am considering..maybe maybe...to buy Illiad.
I was planning to wait for v2 but it looks like it is already out there. I will not buy it until January anyway.

I think I will have to read many pdf files soon and my Sony Reader is not the right gadget for it.

Battery time of 6h with annotations and 10h of reading time at home is fine by me.
I have a few other questions but they belong to a different topic.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:30 PM   #10
Hunter42
Hunter42 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Asus PDA
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat View Post
Nice topic. I am considering..maybe maybe...to buy Illiad.
I was planning to wait for v2 but it looks like it is already out there. I will not buy it until January anyway.

I think I will have to read many pdf files soon and my Sony Reader is not the right gadget for it.

Battery time of 6h with annotations and 10h of reading time at home is fine by me.
I have a few other questions but they belong to a different topic.
After receiving my Iliad v2 last week, I can say, Battery lifetime is just amazing. I used a simple PDA before and its just not comparable.
Currently I use the Iliad for note taking and reading in class. After sitting in class today (09:00-17:00), my Iliad has not used 50% of its battery charge. I switched it off during lunch.

So far I am very happy with it (Detailed report follows....)

Michael
Hunter42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:31 PM   #11
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter42 View Post
After receiving my Iliad v2 last week, I can say, Battery lifetime is just amazing. I used a simple PDA before and its just not comparable.
Currently I use the Iliad for note taking and reading in class. After sitting in class today (09:00-17:00), my Iliad has not used 50% of its battery charge. I switched it off during lunch.

So far I am very happy with it (Detailed report follows....)

Michael
Thanks!

Can you have a look at this topic please:
noob question
astra is offline   Reply With Quote